Bad business

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Re: Bad business

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi All,

I just got wind of this thread and would like to comment. I just talked to the good people at Borkholder about this issue. The package the Air Brake system comes in is a sleeve, so parts could potentially fall all out in shipping if it was bounced around or we may have missed the items when originally packed. There would be no advantage for Borkholder to intentionally sell something that is knowingly missing parts just to tick off customers.

If you ever find parts missing from any Excalibur product please call us directly. Dealers do not have spare parts lying around their store to help you out. It's very frustrating for customers when they buy something and parts are missing, trust me I've been there myself. But, we do have ways to get missing parts to you quickly if required.

I have personally worked with Borkholder Archery for a number of years and they are a first class operation and I know they do try hard to satisfy customers.

The problem in our industry is all the issues happen with in 2-3 months and we all get bombarded with phone calls and emails and people walking in the door so getting back to people promptly is almost impossible. I know when bow season is coming or in and your crossbow goes down we all get into panic mode but remember we are trying to help everybody the best and as quickly as we can.

Thanks,

Peter
Mtblue

Post by Mtblue »

Thanks Peter but next time I think I'll go with one of the large distributors like BP because I know if this happened with them, they would have at least told me to return the package and they would sent me another instead of just saying there's nothing we can do we got our money now it's your problem.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Mtblue wrote:Thanks Peter but next time I think I'll go with one of the large distributors like BP because I know if this happened with them, they would have at least told me to return the package and they would sent me another instead of just saying there's nothing we can do we got our money now it's your problem.
Mtblue, I too understand your frustration.

Even if you purchase from a store like BP, I believe it would be faster to go through "Excalibur Service" to get everything correct. Believe me, if you ever need to use their service, you will be happy with how you are treated.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I agree, if I were in this situation, Peter makes the best source to be assured you have it sooner than you could even get your package back where you got it!!! Doing that you would then be waiting to get it back from the BP or whoever as nobody is sending a replacement till you get the original item back to them.

I dealt with Peter,, and a box store can't compete with his speed and service,,, trust me,,, Image
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
BULLZ-i

Post by BULLZ-i »

MY AIR BRAKES ALSO CAME IN A PACKAGE THAT WAS BROKEN OPEN, BUT ALL COMPONENTS WERE STILL THERE FROM EDERS.COM

YOUR DEALER SHOULD HONOR HIS CUSTOMERS BUSINESS IN ORDER TO RETAIN IT. WORD OF MOUTH, NOT TO MENTION SOCIAL MEDIA IS A POWERFUL TOOL
GO HAWKS!
GRUNDY

Post by GRUNDY »

Buy it from where ever. Warranty/service it through excal.

I've submitted a couple RMA's already. Its the easiest dang thing in the world. They have the best CS system I've experienced.

I hope the bow turns out to work as well once I'm squared away.

Hats off to Excal Customer Service!

B
Micro335
Stock string
Stock quills
Stock 150gr Boltcutters
DeathMerchant

Post by DeathMerchant »

robertyb wrote:I just looked at their site and it appears that they take credit cards and Paypal. If you used either simply file a claim and get your money back.
I always use PayPal whenever possible. In fact, I usually shop for price first and then PayPal second, using PayPal whenever prices are close enough. I do this because PayPal is very good at forcing sellers to stand behind their product. It forces sellers to prove the item was sent and received and to replace or refund your money if you show that product received was not as advertised.
Matrix 380 Blackout
HHA Optimizer Speed Dial, Air Brakes, DR Kit, TriggerTech SS
Vixen II (Wifes)
Semper Fi