My Matrix 380 appears slow..... No More!! ;-)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GrassyKnoll

Re: My Matrix 380 appears slow

Post by GrassyKnoll »

janesy wrote:Wait. Your not going to test the new limbs?
I should have them this Friday... and of course curiosity will get the better of me..lol... I'll post up the speed on Saturday... :) :)
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
janesy

Post by janesy »

You've peaked my curiosity lol!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Well, the limbs didn't come today, They have apparently been sitting in "ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)" since May 21st... Figures.. The US Postal System really is such a scam.. Tried to call, get the automated BS with no option to talk to anyone, then it disconnects you.. I then call my local PO to see if they have any info and they tell me my package is sitting in the "Customs Dept. " within the PO in Chicago.. I could of driven to and fro since the 21st...

I am so very annoyed, I wanted them before the long weekend here and now it will probably, at best, be sometime next week if i'm lucky and they can find the package..

Excalibur shipped them out on May 19 and they arrived here in the US on May 21 and processed at 9:48 am... So they are sitting there in Chicago now for 6 days.... Unreal, and very disappointing... Wonder how long it will take to get them from Chicago to me? Man am I hot about this... :evil: :evil:
Last edited by GrassyKnoll on Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Update: :D :D :D :D :D

Received the new limbs and mounted them up... Fit and finish on the replacements are nice.. Camo is perfect..

The new limbs have the new defection rating # on them. Mine are a #57... I can feel the difference when I draw them.. They are a bit more stiff... :)

Ok, the meat and potatoes...

Last night I used a Zombie arrow that weights complete at 405 grains..

Took three shots through the chrono and it shot 365 three different times..

The details:
1. I'm using a DM flemish string.

2. my arrow weight is 55 heavier than the standard test arrow of 350 grains.

3. 405 minus the 350 = 55 extra grains over the test arrow to rate speed.

4. 55 grains divided by 3.... 3 because it seems to be the general consensus that these bows loose about 1 fps per 3 grains of weight added.

5. So 55/3 = 18.3 fps loss... so lets add that 18.3 to the 356 FPS I shot last night. 356 + 18.3 = 374.3 then consider I'm shooting a flemish string, which is heavier and thicker than the stock string. I think I would be at or over by a couple FPS of the speed rating of 380 FPS if I used a stock string.

I'm glad I decided to get the limbs replaced, just for my own peace of mind. :)

Thanks Peter and Excalibur for your patience.. :wink: :wink:
mr meat

Re: My Matrix 380 appears slow..... No More!! ;-)

Post by mr meat »

Glad everything worked out for you!!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

You shouldn't feel bad bout that . You should get what u pay for and if you're plopping down hard earned money in the hopes of getting what is advertised that is what is owed to u as a customer.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
Livtahunt

Post by Livtahunt »

Arrowflinger wrote:You shouldn't feel bad bout that . You should get what u pay for and if you're plopping down hard earned money in the hopes of getting what is advertised that is what is owed to u as a customer.
Agreed. I would have done the same.
Exomax, Equinox, Matrix 380 and now a Scorpyd Aculeus
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Excellent!---now I will have to get the chrony out and see what mine does
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

First off GN glad you got some more speed @ a cost of zero dollars,,, that don't happen often!!

We are pretty close, in my Lynx I use a 415 grn Spynal Tapp and get 358.3 fps on a 6 shot average and get 118 lbs KE

With a 352 grain Diablo I am shooting 379.8 fps for a 3 arrow average, this is using a 36 strand FF+ Vixenmaster flemish string. with 112 lbs KE

Then on the extreme end, I am shooting a 620 grain Custom arrow, at 301 fps for a 3 arrow average. a thumping 125 lbs KE

in the Mad Max with 455 grain Tapp I am getting 345 fps fer 6 shot average w/120 lbs KE

then with a 542 grain Tapp I am getting 323 fps fer 125 lbs KE

I never shot a light arrow in the Mad Max but I think it will meet the factory spec pretty close.
Last edited by wildcatter on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

oop's!
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

Ah was the speed 365 or 356?
GrassyKnoll wrote: Took three shots through the chrono and it shot 365 three different times..
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Arrowflinger wrote:You shouldn't feel bad bout that . You should get what u pay for and if you're plopping down hard earned money in the hopes of getting what is advertised that is what is owed to u as a customer.
I understand what you mean and agree.. :)

What I really appreciate is how Excalibur and staff are always willing to help out their customers without making the customer jump through the hoops.. My experience anyway..

When I had my 405 I was having a problem with it shooting consistent... I called the customer service # and explained what was going on. I was put through to an upper management person who walked me through things as I was a very fresh noob at the time.. We went over different things as to what it could be... Hung up the phone and shot for a while.. That person called me back twice asking if it's working out and offering more advice... To me that is stellar CS and shows the staff cares about their product and their customers. I'm not trying to be a kiss --- . I just really appreciate when someone helps out another person if they are in a position to do so.. We can all spend our $$ wherever we want but it's the service after the sale that impresses me with Excalibur. After all how many companies will allow you to deal with the manufacturer directly? Most will tell you to take it back to your dealer and then the dealer has to order parts and you have to wait till they come in. Excalibur makes it very simple and easy to have warranty work done... Just wanted to acknowledge good service when it's due.. :) :)

Catter, I'm definitely happy with the outcome for sure, even though in reality I still had plenty of speed with the other limbs at 344 fps.. But now I'm much much happier with the additional 12 fps I gained and the ke is rockin' at 114 ft lbs... :) :)
Arrowflinger

Post by Arrowflinger »

Yep. Your story just affirms why I chose Excalibur.Good product ,good service ,good warranty.
Matrix 350 LE 18 in. Diablos 150 gr. Boltcutters Zombie Slayers 150 gr. Slick Tricks C2 crank Hawkke XB 30 Pro SR
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

GrassyKnoll wrote:Well, the limbs didn't come today, They have apparently been sitting in "ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)" since May 21st... Figures.. The US Postal System really is such a scam.. Tried to call, get the automated BS with no option to talk to anyone, then it disconnects you.. I then call my local PO to see if they have any info and they tell me my package is sitting in the "Customs Dept. " within the PO in Chicago.. I could of driven to and fro since the 21st...

I am so very annoyed, I wanted them before the long weekend here and now it will probably, at best, be sometime next week if i'm lucky and they can find the package..

Excalibur shipped them out on May 19 and they arrived here in the US on May 21 and processed at 9:48 am... So they are sitting there in Chicago now for 6 days.... Unreal, and very disappointing... Wonder how long it will take to get them from Chicago to me? Man am I hot about this... :evil: :evil:
Ed....did you send the old one's back on the 380?

I be thinkin to call Peter and ask him to replace mine also because I recall getting no more than about 350 out of my 380 when I last Chrony'd it....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Just dropped Peter a PM....

Anthony :) :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings