Micro rail swap

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

janesy

Micro rail swap

Post by janesy »

Say for instance, a fella just can't leave well enough alone.

I'm looking to get another rail for my Micro 335, and have it cut to The same or similar to The Micro 355. I like the look of my 335 much better than the black, but I loved the feel of the hit from the 355. And the tinkerer in me is just at me constant.
Which is the best rail to get to trim down?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
xcaliber

Re: Micro rail swap

Post by xcaliber »

Be careful if the riser is the first generation. Adding any extra deflection by increasing the rail length might not be the best decision where safety, and long term performance are the key initiatives. Seek the advice of the Excalibur Professionals, Danny Miller would be my top choice! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Sounds great but keep in mind the new (improved) micros have a swept back riser if you have the original micro i think you should leave it alone its already under enough stress. My original micro has a special locating divit as well as the only one hole mounting that differs from the two hole matrix bows. Im sure it can be done but i think it should be done with a new style riser. Some of the other members are more up to this maby thell chime in but i think they will have a similar answer.I think all the other rails are all longer than the micros.just my two cents but the 335 micro is usually faster than advertised might not be worth another 20 fps....just lookin at my little micros little limbs all streched out wen cocked makes me cringe. Lol
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

With a GEN1, you can go 5/8" longer...speaking from my experience. I know of at least two others that have gone further than that without any negative effects. I get 360fps with a Flemish string and a 350gr arrow on my MicroMax. Some people get close to 350fps with their GEN1 Micro 335, so it might not be worth the leg work. I agree with the others, if you could start with the new riser you'd be better off.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
janesy

Post by janesy »

Sorry guys, it's GEN 2. I had thought if going with a GEN 1riser, I just wasn't sure how charted the territory was.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
janesy

Post by janesy »

If I recall correctly a gen 1 riser, would be subject to 1/2 more power stroke over the gen 1. And it's been done at 5/8? No problem?

Don't quote my numbers I'm at work, brain on a different path
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme