adder points for turkey

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter with MS

adder points for turkey

Post by hunter with MS »

Has anyone used or are using adder points for turkey ? Reason I ask is I shoot fixed blade and really don't want to adjust my scope for expandable BH. I found one adder I had when I shoot vert bows tried it on my target with my fixed blade seemed to shoot alright .
gerald strine

Re: adder points for turkey

Post by gerald strine »

Just use your normal B.H. that you deer hunt with any traditional B.H. that works for deer will do a fine job on turkeys just shoot for the base of the wing and they will be dead in seconds from my experiences. We have a fall turkey hunt that coincides with our bow season and I have killed 3 turkeys with my deer set up Slick trick x bow trick 4 blade broad heads on a 2219 aluminum shaft.
In fact if you have a hunting partner you can most likely score a double if you hunt together as my bow does not scatter the other turkeys most often the other turkeys come over to the flopping turkey i just shot and check him out for a short spell before wandering off.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Any deer broadhead will kill a turkey .That being said ,l do believe that wider is better. I used to use a simple hardware store star washer instead on my boltcutters instead of the adder for some extra zing with no speed loss or accuracy issues before going to the big expandables. No worries just shoot him in the engine room.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Sparkey

Post by Sparkey »

Shot placement is more important than they type of broad head.

Anyone who has cleaned the bird knows the shot needs to be high and back. Their organs are tucked up in side the back of the rib cage. Immediately below the base of the wing.

https://www.wasparchery.com/blog/turkey-shot-placement

Anyone new to turkey stomping with a bow read the link above.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
Boo

Post by Boo »

Consider these. https://www.3riversarchery.com/zwickey-scorpio-broadhead-stoppers.html

Some people just like stepping on rakes
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I have archery hunted turkey before just wondering if the adder points would be worth visiting again most of the turkeys I have shot with arrow have been at the wing butt .