nap quick fletch for crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

otisbrazwell

nap quick fletch for crossbows

Post by otisbrazwell »

has there been any luck with nap quick fletch for crossbows. would they work on a Easton 2219 (20") with a
125gr point? out of a bd 400?
Sparkey

Re: nap quick fletch for crossbows

Post by Sparkey »

I've used them with 2216 + 125gr and a 350le.
Parker Challenger
Gen-1 Micro 335 Camo
Matrix Cub
Bear Legion Compound
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I tried some a while back. Saw some wear on the film from the rail and eventually it got cut through. Also left some residue on the rail. IMO for the price of them, you could invest in an Arizona EZ Fletch and save $$ in the long run. Also, it is rare that all 3 fletches get trashed at the same time. THe EZ would let you fletch just 1 fletching at a time.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

They work fine, I bought mine at Walmart on clearance for 3 for $5. Very easy to put on.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:20 am
I tried some a while back. Saw some wear on the film from the rail and eventually it got cut through. Also left some residue on the rail. IMO for the price of them, you could invest in an Arizona EZ Fletch and save $$ in the long run. Also, it is rare that all 3 fletches get trashed at the same time. THe EZ would let you fletch just 1 fletching at a time.
I completely agree.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
papabear1

Post by papabear1 »

nchunterkw wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:20 am
X 2 on the EZ fletch, plus you get a better helical . :thumbup: :clap:

Dave
2010 equinox,
known as doe bow
vixenmaster custom string
swacker bhs, 2/1/4" cut 120 grn.
xx75 Easton 2219,s
firebolt arrows
S5 pads
if it ain't broke don't fix it
be safe in all you do
see ya in the woods
<-------<
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I picked up a dozen in Quick Spin, and Hell Fire. I have not shot either yet, but installation was simple, and straight forward. The design is for the folks that don't want to spend a lot of time working on their gear, and are happy spending a little more $$ than time yet still getting good quality results. I promised to test them so I will, I have used them for vertical bows in the past with real good accuracy and expect the same from these. I see nothing about them that will cause any damage to your equipment other than maybe some rubbing off of color. More to come after I find time to get out with them.
Last edited by xcaliber on Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Oh, yes they will work on your arrows.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:27 pm
I picked up a dozen in Quick Spin, and He'll Fire. I have not shot either yet, but installation was simple, and straight forward. The design is for the folks that don't want to spend a lot of time working on their gear, and are happy spending a little more $$ than time yet still getting good quality results. I promised to test them so I will, I have used them for vertical bows in the past with real good accuracy and expect the same from these. I see nothing about them that will cause any damage to your equipment other than maybe some rubbing off of color. More to come after I find time to get out with them.
Be interesting to see what you find. The product is designed for vert bow arrows. Since the crossbow arrow rides on the rail (on an Excal at least) , the plastic sleeve the vanes are attached to will rub on the rail . In my experience, it rubs pretty hard and leaves a residue behind. You can also smell it burning as with an Al nock. That means it is only a matter of time before it wears through and the whole thing falls off. How fast will depend on how your arrow hits the rail, down pressure of your retention spring and how smooth your rail is. I did not get much longevity out of mine.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them that have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

I'm sold on the Arizona ez fletch went to there web site.now i can make arrows that spin nice. boy you guys are great :thumbup:
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

well i did try the quick fletch for crossbows on 2 Easton 2219 arrows. they went on nice but the vanes are a little
wavy.i can see were they would work on a hunting trip for quick repair. :eusa-violin: will shoot them today. Arizona e-z fletch is on the way
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

otisbrazwell wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:14 am
well i did try the quick fletch for crossbows on 2 Easton 2219 arrows. they went on nice but the vanes are a little
wavy.i can see were they would work on a hunting trip for quick repair. :eusa-violin: will shoot them today. Arizona e-z fletch is on the way
Great choice. You'll love it!

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

These are in no way better than the EZ, just less hassle for some. Building your own from start to finish is good fun, and you will develop a good skill set too. Making your own is preparation heavy meaning that's a must! Ask away here on the forum, most likely every scenario has been visited by someone here at one time or another. First arrow the Apprentice made he put the vanes on backwards, he never did that again, and I didn't have to say a word to him either. :clap: 8)
bigbowman

Post by bigbowman »

I started off with the EZ fletching jig, then graduated to a Bitz, then on to my new Aerovane Jig which is no doubt the best and most precise fletching jig made! It’s a very fun hobby and excellent skill to learn! Best way to go is build your own arrows. Like Dan said though, “preparation” is the main and most important part!
Burky247365 Custom Scorpyd Orion Extreme