Shoot for the Cure

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DirtyGun

Re: Shoot for the Cure

Post by DirtyGun »

wheelie wrote:Wow, There is a limit on how many shooters? I'm in, practising in my tinshop with my space age looking compound. Hard getting used to a bow scope. All for fun, looking forward to it.
There will be only so many guys/gals they can get through with the time allowed. I'm sure more donations are very welcome, though.
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Just picked up the last pieces for my new bow for the shoot, Just waiting on the five pin 3d sight for my sureloc. But will be using my scope for this shoot anyways. Looking forward to it. Shoot Saturday morning. Got 24 carbon arrows coming as well. Bow will be for spots and 3D.
Attachments
bow 003.jpg
bow 003.jpg (170.44 KiB) Viewed 2705 times
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

:) Should definitely be able to see that bow :shock: :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Stash

Post by Stash »

DirtyGun wrote:
wheelie wrote:Wow, There is a limit on how many shooters? I'm in, practising in my tinshop with my space age looking compound. Hard getting used to a bow scope. All for fun, looking forward to it.
There will be only so many guys/gals they can get through with the time allowed. I'm sure more donations are very welcome, though.

Yeah, unfortunately, the Bow Shop isn't really designed as a big competition facility. They have room for 2 lines of 8 shooters in their regular range, so that's 16 at a time and 2 shooting times, so 32 shooters on Saturday. Plus a Friday night line for another 16.

And then they're taking over the gun range on Saturday, so there's another 2x8 times 2 lines for another 32. That's 80 shooters in all.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

Well, the 'shoot' starts tomorrow and I have been raising money via pledges. I wasn't having any luck, so in order to give people further incentive, I promised to do something. I told them if I was able to raise $200.00, I'd do this...

Before:

After:

I have $360.00 in pledges (so far) heading up with me to The Bow Shop tomorrow evening.

So, I'll be the bald guy in the pink shirt if anyone else is there.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

DG... You ROCK!!!! :D Seriously, what a good cause and what a commitment to supporting it!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

And now with video...

one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Its a very good thing you did Dirty Gun, and for a good cause.

Back in my chemo days I of course had the clumps fall out so I decided to shave it "to the bark" like yours. The following night was agony as a lay my head on my pillow, it felt like I was being stabbed with millions of tiny needles. So I followed up with duct tape to acheive the chrome dome look :shock: :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

one shot scott wrote:Its a very good thing you did Dirty Gun, and for a good cause.

Back in my chemo days I of course had the clumps fall out so I decided to shave it "to the bark" like yours. The following night was agony as a lay my head on my pillow, it felt like I was being stabbed with millions of tiny needles. So I followed up with duct tape to acheive the chrome dome look :shock: :lol:
From the barber's chair I went right home and got out the razor. My wife can't stand my 'shiny head', so I'll be letting it grow in a bit.

She understands how near and dear to my heart this cause is, though, so she doesn't mind it in that respect.
xbowkidd

Post by xbowkidd »

i went and shot my score tonight with a few others to make room for the rest of the weekend. any one know how much they are getting for each X? I don't think I'm a contender but i had fun and ended up shooting 597 with 20 X's. good luck to everyone else and keep the X's coming!
Team Dryfire
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

And now...all set to shoot this evening:

Thank you to everyone who stepped up to the plate. I'm heading to the Shoot for the Cure with an even $400.00...TWICE what I set my goal at and only raised during the past few days.

I appreciate it, very much.

Cheers,
Ryan
Big John

Post by Big John »

Very Commendable of you DG. :!: :)
You done very good. I hope you shoot a perfect score to match your effort. :wink:
Well done!!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I am headed out at 6 am in the mornining. I shoot at 9:45am. Looking forward to it. hehehe hope the store is closed!!!!
DirtyGun

Post by DirtyGun »

wheelie wrote:I am headed out at 6 am in the mornining. I shoot at 9:45am. Looking forward to it. hehehe hope the store is closed!!!!
I shot tonight, but I may drop in tomorrow to check out some of the action.

I won't even mention my final score. :oops:
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

You in Angus DirtyGun? Went to Wolf's Den last weekend and lined up bow, then through the week I took a spacer off my scope mount. Fired 10 shots from bow yesterday. Just hope I don't hit my nabours target this morning!!! LOL