Matrix 355 Case??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

yooper_man

Re: Matrix 355 Case??

Post by yooper_man »

Dan, Here is Danny Miller's price list which shows a Matrix case, but no price. Also consider Danny Miller's rubber baby buggy bumpers for your Matrix 355 he charges only $25. His phone is (740) 483-2312

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

Mine fits in the Plano manta crossbow case but that is not a surprise as any excal crossbow will fit in that case. As the matrix series is smaller in both length and width it may also fit in some of that the other hard sided cases. If you don't mind unscrewing the riser during transport, a good double gun case is an excellent option and a great space saver. I have used a 4 rifle skb case to transport a vortex Excalibur bow, 12 ga (or.22) and .270 for a squirrel, duck, deer and turkey hunt and it was still easier to pack in the truck than the Plano mana case.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I use a cheap allen cloth case.Most of the time i just put my bow in the back seat of my truck no case.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

The Allen Co. makes a T shaped padded case for crossbows that is too small for the traditional Excal crossbows but should work well for the Matrix series bows. Some on e-bay for 30 somethin bucks so price not too bad either.
westcoastruss

Post by westcoastruss »

I have the Plano Bow Max case for my Matrix 380. Holds everything securely, lots of room.
Matrix 380 Xtra
Big John Zombie Slayers
Toxic broadheads
Red & White Xcaliber strings - Oh Canada!
"Y" Munch Mount
Trigger Tech trigger
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

The plano case is very heavy.I use one for my ten point and hate it.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Butt everything fits nice and secure as you can get I like mine
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
westcoastruss

Post by westcoastruss »

The case has two straps to hold the bow in place, nicely secured.
Matrix 380 Xtra
Big John Zombie Slayers
Toxic broadheads
Red & White Xcaliber strings - Oh Canada!
"Y" Munch Mount
Trigger Tech trigger
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

xcaliber wrote:Looks like you can throw it in the back of the truck, and not worry about a thing. I'm looking at that one, and the Tarantula as well. I love the Excalibur case for the Vortex, and it protects the scope, and bow pretty well, and it does not weigh a ton. Too bad Excalibur hasn't made a smaller one for the Matrix models yet. I'm in no hurry, but I am going to check out both at Cabelas this week.

Thanks for the tips!
Dan, I also have the Excalibur deluxe T- form padded crossbow case left over from my Equinox. Perfect for the wide/long Equinox and other Excalibur 36" wide limbs. The Excalibur case works great, but I need a more compact case for my Matrix 355.

I wanted a padded soft side case, so I looked at the Tarantula CB0200CM camo deluxe crossbow case. It is well made and properly padded. The Tarantula comes with a small tackle box and has a pouch that holds my MTM crossbow bolt box. This case fits my Matrix 355 30.5" limbs perfectly and isn't too long in the length.

Anyone with the Matrix 355 / 380 looking for a high quality soft side case this one is suitable. Plus it comes with a forever warranty.

Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
michigan man

Post by michigan man »

xcaliber wrote:That's the one i picked up too. Fits the Matrix like a glove! Love it! 8)
Where is a good place to buy one? Thanks
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em
NFH

Post by NFH »

Been wanting a better fitting case for the matrix. I have the Excal deluxe soft case and its way too sloppy for my liking. I'm about to pull the trigger on the tarantula but I noticed the length listed as 42". Is the case 7" longer than it needs to be for the 355?
Cheapest I've found is here:

http://www.scheels.com/shop/ProductDisp ... reId=10151

$59.99 and free shipping. I'm pretty sure this is the same case as Yooper has above...?
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

NFH wrote:Been wanting a better fitting case for the matrix. I have the Excal deluxe soft case and its way too sloppy for my liking. I'm about to pull the trigger on the tarantula but I noticed the length listed as 42". Is the case 7" longer than it needs to be for the 355?
Cheapest I've found is here:

http://www.scheels.com/shop/ProductDisp ... reId=10151

$59.99 and free shipping. I'm pretty sure this is the same case as Yooper has above...?
That's exactly the same. I actually bought mine from Scheels retail store in Green Bay WI yesterday for $59.99 plus $3 sales tax. Free shipping is a great deal. The little extra length room isn't sloppy since the limbs width fits perfectly.

Andrew

crappieduster

Post by crappieduster »

Like that tarantula case. Guess I need to drop some hints for Christmas.
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-1-0-Cros ... 505005321/

I got this one from Bass Pro, I like it just fine. However, the Tarantula's extra pockets would have been nice to have. :)

Oh and the extra room at the rear of the stock in either soft case, is good for your crossbow accessory items box. Just get a plastic box with lid that will fit there and it will takes care of the slop (if any) plus give you a place to keep crossbow your accessories for the trip. C2, Broadheads, wax, etc etc
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
massbow

Post by massbow »

Love my manta case but just found out my 355 doesn't fit unstrung. :( If I was to install a munch mount will that fit in the manta? Thanks!
Team 355