Mini-Me ready for Practice

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Mini-Me ready for Practice

Post by amythntr »

...We finally got Mini-Me (Matrix Micro 335) all put together last night....Leupold Crossbones scope, shrink wrap (purchased in Home Depot) on "arra" retainer and went right for the Boo flemish creation in Excalibur blue, grey and black serving...

..Wow did I have to make the stringer short to change from the stock endless loop to Boo's...I think Newbie had said 21.5 inches between the DM stringer ends....I measured mine and I believe I was about 20.5....took a few times to get it just right...

....now its all setup...next step is to play around with some "arra" creations....

Anthony :)

Got Home and realized I had meat to take care of from Saturday...cleaning, grinding, etc....will get the pictures up tonight!!!:
Last edited by amythntr on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Re: Mini-Me ready for Practice

Post by bubba »

Can't wait for all your reviews....
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

Can we get a pic! I bet she is perty!
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Anthony, the suspense is killing ME!....and It's YOUR new bow! C'mon fratello, get out there and rip it up.....oh yeah, and have fun! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.

Post by newbie »

Glad you finally got it all together! I absolutely love mine more and more every time i handle the bow. Im still getting used to how small it is. Balanced perfect shoulders amazing and is much quieter then the Matrix lineup. I had a hard time gettin my fixed to fly but i was battling hard crosswinds. She was stacking ft to 40 though shafts touching.
Sorry my measurement didnt work maybe Danny has different rope then what Don (stretches more? ) im not sure if anything mine is set a little longer then the tape said as the area that is served had a big bend in it and probably added 1/4" or more but i couldnt straighten it for the pic.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

No pressure but I'm basing ALL of my decisions on a new Micro on what you have to say. :mrgreen:
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Me too! :lol:
Have fun, you'll love that mini you!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
xpert1111

Post by xpert1111 »

Good luck with it!
retrieverman

Post by retrieverman »

Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!!!!!

The quieter part is what I'm most looking forward to. Although, the Matrix 380 is ALOT quieter than my old Exomax.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

I hate it when you just buy something and something new comes out! :lol: i'll just read bout y'all have fun w/ yers! cant wait to see some pic's!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

I know I owe you guys pictures and a report...was hoping to do so today at the range...things sis not work out as planned...first of all it was 17 degrees (F) and a solid crosswind...secondly my buddy had a complete meltdown with his Barnett Jackel...turns out the trigger mechanism went and the bow was cocked and it couldn't be decocked until we took it to the bow shop....need I say or add anything to this....

What i can add from my limited shooting at 20 yds:

1. Micro 335 is very quiet as compared to the M380...was shooting Boo flemish...

2. Made up 402 gn BEE at 16" with 92g br insert and shooting 100g Muzzy. CHrono read between 325 and 327fps.

3. Tried the new Nu Fletch ignitors as compared to the Lumenoks. Can honestly say that I do like them better. Much easier to extinguish the light and reinstall light stick...was really concerned about dropping pieces...I had no issues with the 10 -15 shots I took...I think I will slowly move over to them from the Lumenoks....The only issue, if you can call it an issue is the system is 39gn versus the 28 for the Lumenoks...

Again, sorry for the limited review...hope to have more to say if we get some nicer weather....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings