luminoks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Troubleshooter

luminoks

Post by Troubleshooter »

Some questions about the luminok bolts....

I ordered 6 normal firebolt, but i did get 6 firebolt luminok instead.

1. Do they have the same flight (point of impact) as the normal firebolt?
2. Some batteries are allready low. Is there a kind of warranty on this?
3. It is a special kind of battery - can i buy this in the normal shops?
amythntr

Re: luminoks

Post by amythntr »

Troubleshooter wrote:Some questions about the luminok bolts....

I ordered 6 normal firebolt, but i did get 6 firebolt luminok instead.

1. Do they have the same flight (point of impact) as the normal firebolt?
2. Some batteries are allready low. Is there a kind of warranty on this?
3. It is a special kind of battery - can i buy this in the normal shops?

....There might be a slight different POI since the Lumenoks are 28g whereas the regular plastic nocks are 7 or 8g if I remember correctly...

...I am curious how can you tell the batteries are low? In any case, if they are defective I would contact the vendor and discuss with them not Lumenok...Also, the battery is the entire interior of the nock (silver) which must be removed and changed out...I would Google it and you should find the procedure easily enough...As to whether you can buy these elsewhere....I am not sure if you can...I believe they are $5 each...many forum members claim the battery has lasted at least a couple of seasons!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Normous

Post by Normous »

The original Firebolt contained aluminum rear nocks that will weigh somewhat close to your Lumenoks and the way I see it, the flight should be similar.

How did you determine that your battery level is low?
In a dark room do all 6 give off a similar illumination?

I have seen a two pack of batteries between $2.50 On Sale and up. Cabela's and Bass Pro carry Lumenok batteries and most other archery shops carrying Lumenok products will likely have them too.

Replacement batteries here: copy/paste
http://www.lumenok.com/collections/crossbow-nocks
-2 pack for $5.00

During out 2015 bear hunt I witnessed Big John lumenok staying lit for 5 days after going through a bear.
Last edited by Normous on Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family

Post by newbie »

You need to give the lumenoks a good whack to properly seat them and turn them on. You may be seeing partial contact on some making the batteries seem weak.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
va3cgt

Post by va3cgt »

newbie wrote:You need to give the lumenoks a good whack to properly seat them and turn them on. You may be seeing partial contact on some making the batteries seem weak.
X2
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

va3cgt wrote:
newbie wrote:You need to give the lumenoks a good whack to properly seat them and turn them on. You may be seeing partial contact on some making the batteries seem weak.
X2
I saw yesterday some noks were brighter than other noks, (i didn't shoot them yet). So i think you guys are right about this. I didn't know the arrow can also make partial contact.

Thank you all for your help!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Something else to keep in mind if you practice a lot with the luminoks and carbon shafts... the small wires that make contact with the end of the shaft and complete the circuit will eventually put little dents in the edge of the shaft, so occasionally squaring the ends of the shafts may be necessary. I had a couple that after repeated shooting would light up dimly or flicker on and off, after squaring the ends of the shaft and they work 100%.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Kegbelly wrote:Something else to keep in mind if you practice a lot with the luminoks and carbon shafts... the small wires that make contact with the end of the shaft and complete the circuit will eventually put little dents in the edge of the shaft, so occasionally squaring the ends of the shafts may be necessary. I had a couple that after repeated shooting would light up dimly or flicker on and off, after squaring the ends of the shaft and they work 100%.
Wow! Great tip KB.. Makes perfect sense, I wish I'd thought of it. :wink:

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Also note that there is a right way to align / install ( contact wires) with your arrow shaft / vanes on a crossbow. Or else they could affect accuracy and or damage the inside edges of rail / track .

See previous thread on the subject below for details. Nov 5th 2015

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... it=lumenok

enjoy

CC
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Kegbelly wrote:Something else to keep in mind if you practice a lot with the luminoks and carbon shafts... the small wires that make contact with the end of the shaft and complete the circuit will eventually put little dents in the edge of the shaft, so occasionally squaring the ends of the shafts may be necessary. I had a couple that after repeated shooting would light up dimly or flicker on and off, after squaring the ends of the shaft and they work 100%.
Thanks!

My English is not perfect (sorry)....what do you mean by 'squaring' ?
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Squaring the shaft just means you are removing a very small amount material from the end of the shaft to make it perfectly straight or "square". There are tools that make it very simple. G5 makes one, and Lumenok makes their own squaring tool also, that's the one I use and it works great.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Just pull them out and test the battery with the wire that is supplied.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

Kegbelly wrote:Squaring the shaft just means you are removing a very small amount material from the end of the shaft to make it perfectly straight or "square". There are tools that make it very simple. G5 makes one, and Lumenok makes their own squaring tool also, that's the one I use and it works great.
Thanks for explaining!
Troubleshooter

Post by Troubleshooter »

colouredchameleon wrote:Also note that there is a right way to align / install ( contact wires) with your arrow shaft / vanes on a crossbow. Or else they could affect accuracy and or damage the inside edges of rail / track .

enjoy

CC
So, you have to turn the contact wires in the right position. After that you can only use one (cock)vane.

I really don't like this. One of the advances of Excalibur is that you don't have to watch to your cockvane (flat nock). Now i have a cockvane again and have to mark it.

Is it an idea to 'shave' the contact wires, so that they can't make damages anymore?
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Troubleshooter wrote:
colouredchameleon wrote:Also note that there is a right way to align / install ( contact wires) with your arrow shaft / vanes on a crossbow. Or else they could affect accuracy and or damage the inside edges of rail / track .

enjoy

CC
So, you have to turn the contact wires in the right position. After that you can only use one (cock)vane.

I really don't like this. One of the advances of Excalibur is that you don't have to watch to your cockvane (flat nock). Now i have a cockvane again and have to mark it.

Is it an idea to 'shave' the contact wires, so that they can't make damages anymore?
DO NOT MODIFY THE WIRES OF THE LUMINOK! They're there for a reason...to make a connection and light up the nock. You'll find you can change the point of impact of your arrows by using a different cock vane each shot. I suggest getting your zero with one arrow. Use a pen to put one dot on the vane you used for the cock vane. Now, put a dot on your next arrow and use that as your cock vane. If it hits the same hole as your first arrow, great. If it doesn't, put two dots on the next vane and use that as your cock vane. If it now hits the same hole, great. If not use the next vane as your cock vane. Even though it's not imperative to do this I think you'll find that this helps you achieve the greatest accuracy....unless you're happy with 'close enough'.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.