lovin' this sport

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Goose52

lovin' this sport

Post by Goose52 »

this is probly all old hat for most of you guys but it's all new to me... was sitting on a transition from a swamp to a field at dusk last night watching a doe angle away from me in the field. i then realized that the dark blob approaching her from the opposite direction was a deer- a big one. she jumped around him & went into the swamp but he stood there maybe 60-70 yards away from me, a chip shot with a rifle. maybe she was a small doe but he dwarfed her. couldn't tell what was on his head but there was plenty of it. then, there he was- gone. what a rush!
Micro 335 Nightmare (Black Bo)
Twilight DLX
Wyvern's Gold Tips
Drstirrup
Matrix 350LE
xcaliber

Re: lovin' this sport

Post by xcaliber »

When that sort of thing stops making my heart pound, I'm officially dead! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
sproulman

Re: lovin' this sport

Post by sproulman »

Last night as you did i had 12 point buck ,man what season 4 weeks and saw around 5 deer total....He was out about 50 yards horns real nice 8 inch long but too far of shot for me with micro 335...My limit is 35 yards ..

Watched him slowly enter swamp just before dark ..I cannot believe I was shaking ole sproulman shaking,nah ...Must have been cold ...lol.. :lol: