Please read and please help! This is our recipient for the 2018 Boofest Charity

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Please read and please help! This is our recipient for the 2018 Boofest Charity

Post by Boo »

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/boofest-fundraiser-event/

As most of you know, Boofest runs a charity for someone in the archery community. This year, the recipient is Marissa Pearson from Eugene Oregon. Marissa is the wife of Levi Pearson and mother to their daughter of 2 years. Levi has worked for Bowtech for almost 11 years. He is the Marketing Programs Coordinator. So he helps staff shooters all over the world, contributing to the international archery community. Both Levi and Marissa are avid, outdoors people. They share a passion for the outdoors by camping, fishing, shooting, hiking and archery, taking their daughter along with them in their adventures. I've met Levi at this years ATA and from that and what I hear from the public's contact with him, I can say that he is a very nice man.

A few weeks prior to their 5th wedding anniversary, Marissa was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. I'm sure that many of you know someone who has gone through this and know that with the stress and medical bills, their lives have been turned inside out. I personally lost one of my best friends to this vial disease, so this strikes a pretty sour note. Levi has taken leave from his job to take care of both their daughter Haley and Marissa.

Marissa struggles with the lack of energy and strength because of the treatments she is receiving but spends as much time with her family as she can. So with the burdening medical bills and lack of income we can make a difference for someone in the archery world. That is after all the reason for the Boofest Charity! The charity gives me the incentive to hold Boofest every year.

With that, the begging at business doors start for donations that will be available for draws. I will be bugging everyone I know in the archery business. Excalibur and Bowtech will be contributing bows and I will be knocking on the doors of another bow manufacturer. There will be lots of great prizes available for draws and if we can get someone from the US to act as proxy, we can have those draws available for people not attending Boofest from both sides of the border.

Last and very importantly, if anyone wants to donate money of any amount, however small and not enter a particular draw, you can send a check/cheque to me or through PayPal. I have a Paypal set up only for Boofest charities and the address is [email protected] Checks/cheques should be made payable to Don Katsumi. My mailing address is 4635 Concession Rd 1, Newtonville, Ontario, Canada L1B 0E3 Whatever you can give will help in putting together a helping gift to this family. Also, if you would like to contribute an prize, that would be wonderful!

The charity has always been a great success and it really does act like an adhesive to bring us closer in a bid to help someone in the archery world. Let's all work together and make a difference!

Comments are welcome!
Last edited by Boo on Tue May 08, 2018 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
tremps01

Re: Please read and please help! This is our recipient for the 2018 Boofest Charity

Post by tremps01 »

Don you and Karin are People with Heart, Ready for Action! If we join forces, we can really make a difference for Marissa.

Marcel
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
wabi

Re: Please read and please help! This is our recipient for the 2018 Boofest Charity

Post by wabi »

Don,
Having experienced the generosity and helpfulness of you and all the members of this forum with my daughter Annissa being last year's recipient, I will certainly have a deer call to auction off to help out Marissa & Levi.

BTW - Annissa has had plenty of problems since last year's charity. The cancer has spread to a few new locations and she lost her job, but she is still holding her head high and keeping a great attitude.

Mike "wabi" Cooper
wabi
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Sounds like a great cause, let's all hand together and make a difference.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

Don Funds Sent To Help This Beautiful Family !!!
Don You And Karin ROCK!!! Thanks :D :D :D
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 380 Xtra (Serenity)
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Bulldog 400 (Acwellen)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
Boo

Post by Boo »

ROGER THAT wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:21 pm
Don Funds Sent To Help This Beautiful Family !!!
Don You And Karin ROCK!!! Thanks :D :D :D
Roger, thank you very much! Not only are you the first to donate but, you were very generous!!! :D
Some people just like stepping on rakes
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

What a beautiful family and a beautiful young wife and mother. A big thanks to the Katsumi clan for bringing this to our attention and blessing us all with the opportunity to help them out. I'll start by adding Marissa and family to my prayers.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

It was once explained to me by a beautiful woman,
As You Grow Older,You Will Discover That You Have Two Hands, One For Helping Yourself, The Other For Helping Others.

Now I Realize This Quote Wasn't My Grandmothers.
But It Is Amazing What A Young Child Can Remember.

Roger
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)
ROGER THAT

Post by ROGER THAT »

It was once explained to me by a beautiful woman,
As You Grow Older,You Will Discover That You Have Two Hands, One For Helping Yourself, The Other For Helping Others.

Now I Realize This Quote Wasn't My Grandmothers.
But It Is Amazing What A Young Child Can Remember.

Roger
>>====>
Work Hard Hunt Harder
Matrix 405 (cwn annwn)
Matrix Grizzly (Armel)
Micro 355 (Siofra)