GHOST BLIND

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

GHOST BLIND

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm curious....who has one and used it...and what are your thoughts? Pluses, drawbacks, etc.. Thanks.

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
longbow joe

Re: GHOST BLIND

Post by longbow joe »

Paul .a lot of great video on you tube spend a half hour looking. . I have a lot of ghostblind posts also. . I still love the tree but these things really serve me well. I was using the carry bag on my legs n feet today kept my bottom end warm as toast was like half a heater body suite. Love mine. Kind of dorky to carry that's it. You simply have to put something at your back so they don't come behind you .log,hedgerow, anything that's it. I can pack that thing up in 3 minutes at worst.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thanks Joe. What do you think about extra panels and making it a 360° blind covering all sides?

Paul
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Ohhh putting two together like big birds nest. I kinda thought about that . Sounds awesome. That would be great maby a swivel chair.There is a newer 6 panel version but it doesn't seem tall enough. I have the extension pieces but never had a need for them . I'm only like 5'8" not a tall person.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

My experience shooting my nine pointer on the ground last week alone has basically paid for the blind. Its 3 years old and still in 95% shape other than the chunk l shot outta it. If it fell apart tomorrow l feel l got my money's worth already out of it.l killed a big 8 two years ago in the middle of a snowstorm in a stubble New Jersey cornfield also when it was new.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Wow! That certainly sounds promising. Thanks Joe.

Paul
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

I looked into it and I can see were one is going to be in my toll box I will need the taller one as I will be setting in a chair and I use a stand for the crossbow .
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

I’m going to weigh in on this..... after a previous post about these blinds, I bought one. They are great to hide you. I have only played with mine in the yard but it is pretty incredible how hidden you are. Down side, they are big and kind of awkward to haul. With the blind(12 lbs), extenders, back pack/ case, a light chair, a ditty bag for hunting paraphernalia, and your bow, you will have about 35 lbs. in s big awkward package . Depending on how far you are going, snd the temps,( it’s warm here in TX. During most of archery season) it could be a bit of work to get in with it. Now that it has cooled off I am going to give mine a proper try in the woods, and I’ll let you know how it goes.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:43 pm
I’m going to weigh in on this..... after a previous post about these blinds, I bought one. They are great to hide you. I have only played with mine in the yard but it is pretty incredible how hidden you are. Down side, they are big and kind of awkward to haul. With the blind(12 lbs), extenders, back pack/ case, a light chair, a ditty bag for hunting paraphernalia, and your bow, you will have about 35 lbs. in s big awkward package . Depending on how far you are going, snd the temps,( it’s warm here in TX. During most of archery season) it could be a bit of work to get in with it. Now that it has cooled off I am going to give mine a proper try in the woods, and I’ll let you know how it goes.
Good Luck! :thumbup:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

I sandwich my Montana decoy right in the blind and just carry it by hand outta the bag. I only got about a 100 yards
IronNoggin

Post by IronNoggin »

I happen to well know a place you can try it out Paul! :lol:

And very much Looking Forward!! :thumbup:

Cheers,
Nog
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

wish I had one now with the snow ,sleet . rain and more snow it caved the roof of my ameristep pop up blind . lucky did not brake it like it did to my last one . Took it down and put it in my basement to thaw out .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

wish I had one now with the snow ,sleet . rain and more snow it caved the roof of my ameristep pop up blind . lucky did not brake it like it did to my last one . Took it down and put it in my basement to thaw out .
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

sorry for the triple post