Which crank?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ironeyes

Which crank?

Post by ironeyes »

I currently own an E-mag 200 and ordered a 308 short serenity for my daughter for Christmas. I need to get her a crank and was wondering if any of them could be used on both bows? I would assume the rope length would be the issue but I really have no idea.
hunter with MS

Re: Which crank?

Post by hunter with MS »

I would look into the charger I thought I heard Danny miller say the charger can be retrofitted the any Excalibur . you should call him and ask his phone # 740-483-2312
ironeyes

Post by ironeyes »

Thank you
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have a charger crank that I use on my Micros. I installed h/w on both bows and just use the 1 crank. It is truly silent and easy to crank. I arrowed a small buck the other day while on the ground and then slapped the crank on and recocked and almost got a 2nd deer about 5 mins later. 2 more steps and he was done...but he smelled the blood from the other and turned away. But the crank did what I wanted. Allowed me to be quiet and re-load. Also allows you to unload quietly as well. IMO there is no point in sneaking in and setting up quietly only to do the loud TWANG!! when you decock the bow with a rope cocker.

I believe the older stocks can be retrofitted for this crank, but I am not sure. Also not sure about the length of the cocking rope on the charger. It might be a bit short for a ExoMax. Danny will know
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
ironeyes

Post by ironeyes »

Thanks for the info Keith. Will be in touch. Gonna let my daughter pick a custom color flemish from ya.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Sounds great! My color list should be updated,.

And I just looked at the OP.....the charger is the way to go for the 308 short for sure. Stock is made for it and it's easy peasy to use and silent. It does make the bow a bit heavy though if you want to leave it on. You can certainly do that if you want, but I take it off and put it in my pack. It installs with one spring loaded pin.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
janesy

Post by janesy »

nchunterkw wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:22 pm
Sounds great! My color list should be updated,.

And I just looked at the OP.....the charger is the way to go for the 308 short for sure. Stock is made for it and it's easy peasy to use and silent. It does make the bow a bit heavy though if you want to leave it on. You can certainly do that if you want, but I take it off and put it in my pack. It installs with one spring loaded pin.
Not to mention it will match the camo pattern!
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

Sparkey has a C2 crank for $75 on the trading post for sale it will do a fine job cocking the bow may not be as handy but you will have an extra $155 to play with.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.
gerald strine

Post by gerald strine »

gerald strine wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:40 pm
Sparkey has a C2 crank for $75 on the trading post for sale it will do a fine job cocking the bow may not be as handy but you will have an extra $155 to play with and will fit both bows.
Hunt eat sleep repeat.