Charger EXT and the Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Wolverine

Charger EXT and the Matrix 380

Post by Wolverine »

I contacted Excalibur customer service and they said they have no instructions or template, to retrofit the Charger EXT crank to the Matrix 380. Can anyone verify if there are directions that come with the crank to retrofit it to a 380? I hear some say there is, customer service says no.
Does anyone have a template for installation on a 380 or isn't one needed?
For anyone who's actually put the Charger EXT on a Matrix, do you have any tricks/suggestions on how to mount it?
Thanks guys!
Boo

Re: Charger EXT and the Matrix 380

Post by Boo »

There were no instructions, but, I didn't need them.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68913&p=670943&hilit=Charger&sid=a06935401211880c01bfcf7eb0876e78#p670943
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

Thanks, just so I have this right. You put the Charger EXT on the bow and outline it with a pencil. You then remove the Charger and take one side of the base and align it with the outline of the Charger you just made on the stock. Finally, you mark the holes on the stock that are in the base, correct?
Appreciate your help.
Boo

Post by Boo »

You put the Charger on the stock. Make sure the felt pad sits on the curve of the cheek piece.
Insert the bases. The right side will want to fall out so tape it so that it doesn't.
Outline the base the left base (that locks in).
Remove the Charger and place left base on the stock and mark your holes and drill.
Install the bases using the fasteners and tighten well because it is the clamping action of the bases and the felt pad that hold the Charger/base on.
You're probably best to use Loctite.

At no time did I say to outline the Charger.
Below are the original instructions from the link I posted.

Remove the crank handle and place onto the stock so that the felt pad sits on the curve of the cheek piece and the flat of the Charger sits flat on the stock. Insert the both bases and pay attention to the arrows on the bases. You'll have to tape in the right side.See picture.
Using a fine felt marker or mechanical pencil, mark the out the left base as well as you can.
Remove the Charger and stick the left base on and locate the holes with a mechanical pencil. You'll have to extend the led lots. Then drill and attach.
Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

For someone who has zero experience with these cranks, I was confused when it was said, you put the Charger on the stock, then outline the base. I didn't understand why you were putting the Charger on marking it and then taking it off. So I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth, I'M assuming by the response, the base sticks out from the charger so that's whats ACTUALLY being outlined. The wording, "mark the out the left base" threw me.
Thanks
Boo

Post by Boo »

There's no explanation needed. Once you have a Charger in your hands and place it on the stock like it is in the picture, the instructions should be more clear.