Flight rail is digging in my arrows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

venison

Flight rail is digging in my arrows

Post by venison »

Thought I might see if anyone else has this issue ? I’ve been looking at my arrows and noticed lines going down my arrows one is dug in pretty good ..So I investigated it and see right where my flight deck meets my claws that holds the string has sharp edges and its ruined some of my arrows..should I sand the rail or send it in for a new one
janesy

Re: Flight rail is digging in my arrows

Post by janesy »

venison wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm
Thought I might see if anyone else has this issue ? I’ve been looking at my arrows and noticed lines going down my arrows one is dug in pretty good ..So I investigated it and see right where my flight deck meets my claws that holds the string has sharp edges and its ruined some of my arrows..should I sand the rail or send it in for a new one
I personally would just knock the bits off and call it a day. For the 10 minutes it would take.
But you did pay money for it, and depending on your level of handiness, I may be in your better interest to have it fixed for you.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I would contact Excals C S n get the ball rollin
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
venison

Post by venison »

I switch over 2 plastic nocks so it wouldn’t damage my flight rail ..It’s the nock end of my arrow that has digs in it wondering if the aluminum mocks had something to do with it the flight rail is smooth other then where it meets the claws my thoughts was to sand it but not sure if I should do that
Normous

Post by Normous »

janesy wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 pm
venison wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:08 pm
I personally would just knock the bits off and call it a day. For the 10 minutes it would take.
But you did pay money for it, and depending on your level of handiness, I may be in your better interest to have it fixed for you.
X2 , a flat fine needle file, a good light source, some magnification, one beer and a few minutes of your time and be back in the game.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
janesy

Post by janesy »

Just sand the burs off, don't get into the finish or anodizing.
By the time you got off the phone, you'd have it re-assembled and back in business. Save the money in shipping and buy a pack of broadheads.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
venison

Post by venison »

Thanks guys that’s what I’m going to do sand it polish it up and keep shooting..
janesy

Post by janesy »

venison wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:10 pm
Thanks guys that’s what I’m going to do sand it polish it up and keep shooting..
Use a light touch and a q-tip to test for final smoothness and good to go.
Like Norm said, include beer time.
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en its more in yer nocks than arrow shafts. The arrow retainer is set too low wid too much pressure on arrow

Don't use a file use a dremil tool n valve lappin compound n polish that area
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
venison

Post by venison »

Right now my arrow retainer is sitting down on the rail with no space on my 380 do you think I should have a space my 350 the arrow slides down pretty hard should I be spacing it off my rail ??
frisky

Post by frisky »

The retainer should not touch the rail. Should be a gap, but holding the arrow firmly.
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Stab 'em

Post by Stab 'em »

Mine was doing the same thing, as well as the top rail chewing on the string so I polished my rail and groove with a piece of 600 fine grit wet-dry sandpaper. It worked out great. Use the paper on a flat block for the top rail, and roll a piece on an arrow shaft to do the groove. Don't forget to polish the radius edges afterwards, as it will create a sharper edge block sanding.