Eating Animals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Carnivorous

Eating Animals

Post by Carnivorous »

I got around to watching the Eating Animals documentary on Net fLix last night. Some of the footage is really disturbing to me as a hunter. Once you sort out the PETA influence you still can't ignore the inhumane way of confined animal farming.

I have already pretty much given up all corporate farmed protein and dairy from my diet and this documentary really reinforces my way of gathering my own free range protein!! :)

On a side note last nights Dinner was wild Tom turkey Chilli!! :)
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Timbrhuntr

Re: Eating Animals

Post by Timbrhuntr »

If you buy that stuff here is some more propaganda for ya ! Kinda like some of the stuff they make up about hunting !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3USMSdfFW5M
janesy

Post by janesy »

Carnivorous wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:05 am
I got around to watching the Eating Animals documentary on Net fLix last night. Some of the footage is really disturbing to me as a hunter. Once you sort out the PETA influence you still can't ignore the inhumane way of confined animal farming.

I have already pretty much given up all corporate farmed protein and dairy from my diet and this documentary really reinforces my way of gathering my own free range protein!! :)

On a side note last nights Dinner was wild Tom turkey Chilli!! :)
I watched that with my wife hahaha.

That turkey Farmer was CRAZY! :crazy: and not in a " let's go hit big jumps" kind of way!

Or the hypocritical pig farmer that sells out to the big chicken farms in the end credits.

Some serious propaganda flying around there. I'm thank full tho that my family love wild game.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I'm pretty much self reliant in the Meat department. However I'm completely out of perch and walleye and we have no safe ice here.. Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

New research, however, has shown that eating venison and other game can substantially raise the amounts of lead in human bodies. ... Those who ate wild game meat had average lead levels of 1.27 micrograms per deciliter, compared with 0.84 for those who ate no game.
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

While there are currently no known cases of chronic wasting disease (CWD) in humans, a study conducted at the Alberta Prion Research Institute recently discovered that the disease can be spread to monkeys who've eaten infected deer meat. ... The condition is always fatal and there is no treatment
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Don't eat deer that looks like this, bovine tuberculosis in Michigan deer. Authorities are warning hunters to be on the lookout for bovine tuberculosis in deer. ... Hunters are urged to get their deer tested, even if it looks healthy.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:11 pm
New research, however, has shown that eating venison and other game can substantially raise the amounts of lead in human bodies. ... Those who ate wild game meat had average lead levels of 1.27 micrograms per deciliter, compared with 0.84 for those who ate no game.
Certailnly not enough increase to be worried about.
I'll take the high quality protien, fortified with a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals , anyday that my venison provides .
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Bcxbow

Post by Bcxbow »

Normous wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:15 pm
Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:11 pm
Certailnly not enough increase to be worried about.
I'll take the high quality protien, fortified with a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals , anyday that my venison provides .
I agree with Norm. Tasty vittles for me.
Hybrid Micro BD 360
Micro Mag 340
Boo Strings - Trinity Strings
Zombie Slayers
Swat & TOTA Broadheads
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Jeff, you may want to consider the wonderful world of canning. I've recently bought an 'All American' pressure canner. I've learned a lot from books, YouTube and friends. Homesteaders refer to this as homemade, organic, fast food. I've been canning turkey, chicken, wild boar, black tail deer, turkey soup and broth, salmon, and wild boar ground. All I can say is DELICIOUS and shelf stable. The end product is completely controlled by me and allows for fast, easy meals...while freeing up freezer space for all the other goodies. While I faced initial criticism and opposition from my wife, she is now saying we need to do a lot more canning. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, :eusa-naughty: I just thought you'd appreciate this. :D

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

paulaboutform wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm
Jeff, you may want to consider the wonderful world of canning. I've recently bought an 'All American' pressure canner. I've learned a lot from books, YouTube and friends. Homesteaders refer to this as homemade, organic, fast food. I've been canning turkey, chicken, wild boar, black tail deer, turkey soup and broth, salmon, and wild boar ground. All I can say is DELICIOUS and shelf stable. The end product is completely controlled by me and allows for fast, easy meals...while freeing up freezer space for all the other goodies. While I faced initial criticism and opposition from my wife, she is now saying we need to do a lot more canning. I'm not trying to hijack your thread, :eusa-naughty: I just thought you'd appreciate this. :D

Paul
Good idea!

I hope to have a hog in the cooler next month! :)
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Wait I'll see if I can dig up something oh hogs :eusa-doh:
janesy

Post by janesy »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Weee oooh, weee oooh, weee oooh.. Who called the fun police?!? :lol:

Seriously though, for the sake of the conversation, what a safe lead level and how much is too much. If it raises it but it's microscopic, what's the harm?
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Timbrhuntr

Post by Timbrhuntr »

Serious you want to be serious I don't know much about that I'm just bored waiting for Kansas spring turkey and messing around !! :shh:
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Timbrhuntr wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:43 pm
Wild hog Bacon and sausage!! Mmmmmm!!