My Experience with Ameristep

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Longbowwally

My Experience with Ameristep

Post by Longbowwally »

Just thought I'd let everyone know of my experience with Ameristep...

Got a Doghouse blind for Christmas. Opened it yesterday for the first time to practice with it for turkey season. Realized it was missing the 2 poles needed to support the blind. They were not in the blind packaging.

Called Ameristep customer support and to say the least they were not helpful. Very corporate in their responses and not interested in working with me on this.

Does anyone know someone with Ameristep I could contact to resolve this issue? Unfortunately their 'normal' customer support folks are not very customer oriented.

Thanks for any help!
xcaliber

Re: My Experience with Ameristep

Post by xcaliber »

Next call ask for a manager, I have found this to be the best option.
Good luck!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
hunter with MS

Post by hunter with MS »

You might have been calling off shore which means whom ever you talked to had no clue .
Longbowwally

Post by Longbowwally »

I have called again this afternoon and talked to a different customer service person and they said the receipt was required also but that they could have their manager call me to discuss - which I agreed to. Will see what happens when they call....
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I got a new Ameristep Hub blind jus before Christmas it cam wid no guide ropes no stakes n alot of the blk insides were peelin off in hunks. I emailed the Seller n they sent me a new one n i returned the other on their dime. I have not opened the new one up yet, i am afriad it will be anudder lousy half made blind. My last purchase from that Company
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I do appreciate hearing this information. I'm sorry for your experience but because of it I will never support Ameristep!!!

Paul
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

I asked my Dad and he said to contact Ryan Kubica or Steve Ford at Big Time Products. They manage the Ameristep brand. He said look for them on LinkedIn or Facebook.
papa bear1

Post by papa bear1 »

xcaliber wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:58 pm
Next call ask for a manager, I have found this to be the best option.
Good luck!
X2 :thumbup:
Be safe in all you do! See ya in the woods!!!
2010 Equinox/ Known as Doe Bow
Firebolts
Swhacker BH,s 125 grn
cheek pad /excell string
D-Bars
S-5,s
vixenmaster custom strings
Longbowwally

Post by Longbowwally »

Thanks XB I Go!
XB I GO

Post by XB I GO »

No problem, Sir. I hope it works!
Longbowwally

Re: My Experience with Ameristep - UPDATE

Post by Longbowwally »

Eating crow - "means humiliation by admitting having been proven wrong after taking a strong position."

When I've been wronged I don't mind putting forth the energy to have it made right - in the same breath when I've been done right I strongly believe in praise.

Today I received a new Dog House blind(complete with poles lol) from Plano Synergy - a company that owns Ameristep from what I can tell.

Either the second customer support person I talked to(who was good at knowing how to talk to customers) or from a PM I sent via Facebook to the Ameristep page - via one of those two ways Ameristep took care of my problem.

I will attempt to track down the party who took care of me and thank them.

I felt it was important to let everyone know this ended up well and Ameristep took care of my problem. Did they have to since I didn't have proof of purchase? Of course not but by doing so this sends strong signals, to me at least, that parts of corporate America still values their customers and takes care of them.

Thank you Ameristep.
ihunt

Post by ihunt »

Glad they finally took care of your problem. That said, imho their customer service isn't that great, you had to call a couple of times, facebook to get the service you deserved. You maybe satisified but how many others just gave up after their first or second call? Coming from customer service in the aircraft business this would be unacceptable. Anyway just my opinion and happy for you that your problem is solved. :thumbup:
Micro Camo 335
Zombie Slayers