Crossbones scope

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

longbow joe

Crossbones scope

Post by longbow joe »

Any buddy know why the crossbones was discontinued. I know it was getting up in age but l really like my 3. Just wondering.....why no replacement before it was offed.Dosnt make any sense.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
Trigger tecs,leupold crossbones and nikon bolts.
Zombie slayers and mostly swat broadheads.
Normous

Re: Crossbones scope

Post by Normous »

Even 115 Engineers under Leupold roof don't know the answer either, I asked one during a phone conversation and he said "I don't Know."
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Leupold Crossbones, discontinued. Vortex XBR, discontinued, Zeiss XB75, discontinued. There HAS to be a market for a premium crossbow scope. Only “better” quality crossbow scope out The is Nikon. It’s decent but no speed ring.
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

Yea l have turned to the bolt ...still a great scope but the bones was a cool scope went down to 250 fps on my whimpy vixen and to 350 + on my others. I dont like the over complicated crosshairs on the other scopes just find them looking like a torpedo periscope system. The bones was just a modified vx. Why not just keep it till something better gets invented at least. I cant believe sales were that bad.
Vixen 2, metal ibex,Phoenix,sapphire,matrix 330 ,matrix 355 ,vortex and baby grand piano y25 relayer.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

longbow joe wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:53 pm
Yea l have turned to the bolt ...still a great scope but the bones was a cool scope went down to 250 fps on my whimpy vixen and to 350 + on my others. I dont like the over complicated crosshairs on the other scopes just find them looking like a torpedo periscope system. The bones was just a modified vx. Why not just keep it till something better gets invented at least. I cant believe sales were that bad.
True. Only diff. in vx was reticle. Doesn’t make much sense does it.
janesy

Post by janesy »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:55 pm
Leupold Crossbones, discontinued. Vortex XBR, discontinued, Zeiss XB75, discontinued. There HAS to be a market for a premium crossbow scope. Only “better” quality crossbow scope out The is Nikon. It’s decent but no speed ring.
We had a conversation with the Zeiss rep at ATA , the Zeiss xb75 sales number were so bad, over 3000 unit went into a dumpster.
I bet the number of people who buy optics for their cross bows by choice is 1%. Not a big market. Even consider the rifle hunting world, although the market is greater by far, the vast vast majority of hunters buy bottom line Bushnell and are quite content. If their gun doesn't come with one already.
The bigger picture isn't promising for high end crossbow scopes. The money isn't there to support it.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
longbow joe

Post by longbow joe »

That's true most people do just stick with the stock glass. We are on the forum are the obsessed ones l assume. Crossbow is a growing sport however (mainly taking others away from regular archery) . In the real world today a company has to sell a million units to be a successful venture.
janesy

Post by janesy »

longbow joe wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:29 am
That's true most people do just stick with the stock glass. We are on the forum are the obsessed ones l assume. Crossbow is a growing sport however (mainly taking others away from regular archery) . In the real world today a company has to sell a million units to be a successful venture.
Exactly, this forum has a little over 14,000 members. Even if every one of us bought one , it wouldn't even start to pay for a companies R&D, patent, tooling, manufacturing and insurance costs.
Blackout BD-Axe "Hatchet340"
Suppressor 400TD
Assassin 400Extreme
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

Crossbones was a good scope. Just try to buy one now. You never see any used ones for sale! Lol
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.