NAP Spitfire 125

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shalako

NAP Spitfire 125

Post by Shalako »

Have any of you used these broadheads with arrows in the 250-270 gr range? What’s your impression?
IronNoggin

Re: NAP Spitfire 125

Post by IronNoggin »

All I run with.

Full dressed, 405 grains all in.
Boo Or Big John's custom Zombies with Luminoks on all.

Deadly.

Avoid the offshore built ones whenever you can though.

Cheers
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Shalako

Post by Shalako »

IronNoggin wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 8:17 pm
All I run with.

Full dressed, 405 grains all in.
Boo Or Big John;s custom Zombies with Luminoks on all.

Deadly.

Avoid the offshore built ones whenever you can though.

Cheers
Thanks, all I’ve ever used is 100gr with a 325 gr arrow, but now that I’ve joined the excal nation, I have to make some changes.
Boo

Post by Boo »

At 425 gr and assuming you’re using something like a 335 or more, you should be ok.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Shalako

Post by Shalako »

Okay, y’all check my math for me, I was always terrible at it. A proflite weighs 250, if I add a beacon nock that will give me about 20 over a flat nock. So a 125 gr spitfire would put at about 395. Does that sound about right? Close enough?
What about adding insert weight?
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

That sounds about right for that setup.
You shooting these out of a 340?
You could easily get to a heavier head and have no problems whatsoever!!
I'm not a fan of anything with a total weight less than 425.
Last edited by AJ01 on Sat May 18, 2024 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Shalako

Post by Shalako »

That, and now a matrix 355 too. :eusa-dance: :lol:
I’ve got some switchblades that weigh a smidge over 300 gr and the 340 loves them. If I add beacon nocks and a 100 gr head that would put me around 425-430? They’ll be my primary hunting arrows, so I guess in one way I’m just spitballing, but I would like to know some other options.
Would there be much difference in using a 150 gr head as opposed to adding insert weight with the pro flights?
AJ01

Post by AJ01 »

Shalako wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 9:54 am
That, and now a matrix 355 too. :eusa-dance: :lol:
I’ve got some switchblades that weigh a smidge over 300 gr and the 340 loves them. If I add beacon nocks and a 100 gr head that would put me around 425-430? They’ll be my primary hunting arrows, so I guess in one way I’m just spitballing, but I would like to know some other options.
Would there be much difference in using a 150 gr head as opposed to adding insert weight with the pro flights?
I went and re-read what I wrote....never write before the 3rd cup of coffee!!!

You can see that I edited the post of mine to read correctly.
I like 425 or MORE!!! :thumbup:

I think the inserts in the Proflights are glued in. If so, that makes them tough to remove. Not saying it can't be done, but you would need to be careful and not cause stress fractures in the carbon. Which in turn would lead to a catastrophic failure!!
The simplest thing is a heavier head. :thumbup:

In my humble opinion. :wink:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming "Wow, What a Ride!
Shalako

Post by Shalako »

Yeah, from what I’ve read the last couple of days getting the nocks out of a pro flight is pretty much a lost cause. It’s either a monster bh or a bh weight. Anybody tried those?