Become part of a dynamic and innovative team
Over 35 years, Excalibur Crossbow Inc. has grown from a small operation started in a pig barn to a leading, world most trusted crossbow manufacturer. From the seeds of change planted by the dynamic founders Bill and Kath Troubridge, Excalibur has evolved into a bustling company with 40,000 square foot manufacturing facilitie located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Growth has been amazing and Excalibur’s strong, streamlined corporate structure enables continued success and performance at unsurpassed levels.
Current Positions Available
We are seeking a Controller to manage the accounting function for our Kitchener, Ontario manufacturing facility, our Port Huron, Michigan warranty depot, and our fledgling e-commerce business. Excalibur is part of Norwest Equity Partners’ archery division, which includes several US manufacturers. The Excalibur Controller reports to the CFO of the division, who is based out of our Kitchener facility.
Excalibur has been producing a recurve crossbow of exceptional quality for over 35 years and we are proud to provide products designed by crossbow hunters for use by crossbow hunters. Our product development team is continually striving to surpass the prior year’s success.
As our Controller you will be a key member of the management team. Your strong leadership, financial and business acumen, and organizational abilities will assist us in continuing to move our business forward and embrace new opportunities.
Specific Responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage a 3-person accounting team comprised of AR/AP, Invoicing/Customs and General Accounting
- Manage government remittances and annual reporting (EHT, WSIB, HST) and ensure timely and accurate filing of all statutory reports
- Oversee cash management: bank accounts, cashflow forecasts, credit policy, collections, accounts payable, foreign exchange transfers
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the standard costs, bills of material, inventory and other assets and their financial integration into the Sage business system
- Partner with the Sales and Operations teams to provide accurate and timely information for decision making and on developing internal controls and processes
- Oversee Customs Brokerage for cross-border activity including duty drawback, reporting and filing requirements
- Oversee payroll statutory requirements, reporting and filings
- Manage Royalty and Commission reporting and payment
- Reviewing business contracts and other legal documents
- Manage banking and insurance requirements, and work closely with HR on group benefits
- Monitor and update internal controls to ensure GAAP compliance and safeguarding of assets
- Liaise with US Controller at Bowtech to ensure reporting and inter-company transfers are accurate
- Full cycle (3 day) monthly close and reporting including variance analysis
- Weekly and monthly reporting to support analysis of key performance indicators
- Prepare year end audit file, liaise with and support external auditors
- Support CFO in the preparation of annual budgets
- Post secondary education in business accounting
- Professional Accounting Designation: CPA / CA, CMA, CGA
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in accounting, including manufacturing experience and including 3 years of leadership experience
- Strong understanding of Finance, accounting and compliance principles including GAAP and IFRS
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, together with experience working with multiple currencies (Canada and US)
- Exceptional computer skills (including advanced Excel skills), together with experience with manufacturing and accounting software. Experience with Sage an asset
- Experience with e-commerce preferred, experience with Shopify and Pay Pal an asset
- Costing, budgeting and audit preparation experience
- Strong project management and organizational skills being hands-on when necessary
- Excellent communication skills combined with the ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Places a high priority on organization, timeliness, accuracy, meeting financial deadlines and compliance
In addition to a competitive salary, benefits and company sponsored retirement savings plan, we offer a casual work environment and the opportunity to work with a great group of people: our employees and our customers. If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, please forward your resume and cover letter. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Excalibur is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and its regulations, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.
To apply through indeed, please click the link below.
We do not have any job openings at the moment. Please come back again later.
A fast-paced and challenging work environment with a
focus on long-term learning and personal growth