Machine Operator Nights
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
Excalibur Crossbow is seeking qualified candidates for a night shift CNC Operator position. Hours of work are 9:00 pm to 7:30 am and the work week starts on Monday night and ends on Friday morning (4 x 10 hour shifts). Your first week will be spent on days for training, working Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Located in Kitchener near the intersection of Bingemans Centre Drive and Victoria Street, we operate a three shift facility that produces a superior product to a demanding market. Our crossbows are highly regarded in the industry and are supported by over 30 years of experience and a lifetime warranty. All new team members need to share our commitment to quality.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Machine parts to required specifications
- Operation and maintenance of a variety of machining tools, including CNC lathes, milling machines; some manual lathe and milling operations
- Read and interpret engineering drawings to determine appropriate machining operation
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Occasional non-machining duties as required (e.g. scraping seams on injection molded parts)
- Previous CNC operation experience preferred, and previous manual machining experience an asset
- Previous machine operating experience required
- Proficiency in the use of various measuring devices including caliper, digital indicator, micrometer, and height gage preferred
- Practical application of GD&T preferred
- Ability to use a calculator to perform basic mathematical functions (add and subtract) required
- Must be detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye co-ordination required
- Problem solving and organizational skills required
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings an asset
Starting wage for an inexperienced CNC Operator is $15.00, and starting wage for an experienced CNC Operator is $16.00 Company paid benefits and access to our company retirement savings plan are provided after successful completion of a 3 month probationary period. Hours worked on the night shift are paid a shift premium of $1.50 per hour.
Candidates must have their own transportation and CSA approved safety shoes. Safety glasses and hearing protection will be provided.
Excalibur is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and its regulations, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, throughout the entire employment cycle. If you require accommodation at any stage in the recruitment process, please let us know.