New Excalibur video clips!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

New Excalibur video clips!

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everybody know that we are updating our Instructional Video and I have just loaded some new portions to our website video section. The following clips are new:

Right Stuff Pack
Arrows
Cocking Aids
Quiver
Scope

The cocking aid clip is great and now shows how you can uncock your crossbow using the rope cocking aid. All comments welcome, let me know what you think about the updates. A few more new clips will be added soon.

Have a great weekend!

Peter
Last edited by Excalibur Marketing Dude on Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gad

Re: New video clips!

Post by gad »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to let everybody know that we are updating our Instructional Video and I have just loaded some new portions to our website video section. The following clips are new:

Right Stuff Pack
Arrows
Cocking Aids
Quiver
Scope

The cocking aid clip is great and now shows how you can uncock your crossbow using the rope cocking aid. All comments welcome, let me know what you think about the updates. A few more new clips will be added soon.

Have a great weekend!

Peter
Peter, will be nice if the videos could be downloaded.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Hi GAD,

The Video's can be downloaded, just right click on the link and you can save it.

Peter
BOB VANDRISH

NEW VIDEO CLIPS

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Just to make sure that I was not going to wear out the rope on the cocking aid when I released to string,I waxed the string.
It does slide over the fixed point,and I did notice some scuff marks on the rope after a few releases.
Seems to have helped.
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Just to make sure that I was not going to wear out the rope on the cocking aid when I released to string,I waxed the string.
Good idea Bob! The rope does take a bit of a beating when used a lot to uncock the crossbow. We uncocked crossbows at trade shows all summer with the same cocking aids and after hundreds of un-cocking cycles they were starting to wear a bit.

Peter
BOB VANDRISH

Video Clips

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Peter,how about a series of small concave rollers,at the top end of the butt,where the rope goes,recessed right into the stock,somewhat along the lines to what you have on the rope cocking aid itself,but smaller.
I will let you guys patent that one!! LOL!!
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
gad

Post by gad »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Hi GAD,

The Video's can be downloaded, just right click on the link and you can save it.

Peter
Peter, the videos can't be downloaded, cause the link opens only another link to the video, and not the video. Try to do that and you will discover that they can't be downloaded.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Hey GAD,

You're right, it down loads the .asx file which contains the link to the video clip. I will work on a downloadable version, all I need to do is provide the link to the actual clip and then you will be able to download it. I'll get back to you on this!

Peter
gad

Post by gad »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:Hey GAD,

You're right, it down loads the .asx file which contains the link to the video clip. I will work on a downloadable version, all I need to do is provide the link to the actual clip and then you will be able to download it. I'll get back to you on this!

Peter
Peter,

You from excalibur are so nice guys. Thank you!
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

You from excalibur are so nice guys. Thank you!
Ah, geez thanks! :oops: We try!

Peter
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Hi Bob,

If you hear a snap when uncocking your crossbow with the rope cocking aid you have not taken enough pressure off of the trigger hooks. One trick is to shorten the rope a bit and the other is to grab the handle from the bottom (grab the verticle part that the rope goes through and the handle sits above your thumb and fore finger when making a fist) to give you more leverage. Watch that new video clip and when Bill uncocks the bow you barely hear a sound.

We used the same rope cockers all trade show season and uncocked our crossbows thousands of times and had no problems what so ever with them. Hope this helps?

Peter
Ben S.

Post by Ben S. »

Last weekend I tried uncocking my exomag with the rope cocking aid. I can't believe how easy it is. I have my hunting partner using that method now too. Wish I would have known this method before.