First Buck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:)
CONGRATS. Nice buck. I had three does come within 10 yds of my new ground blind Thursday, it's buck only, but now I know gnd. blinds really work, still waiting on my first Xbow kill, may not happen til next season.
Congrats again. Maybe some day you can tell me the same.
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

Congrats on an fine looking Buck. !!!
Doug the Slug

Post by Doug the Slug »

Congrats Butch: That's a very nice first deer. :D :D

Doug
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

Congrats on a very nice buck
Harry Crabtree

Post by Harry Crabtree »

I'm jealous! Good job fellow, I hope to do the same with my new Exomax I just got this past week for Christmas!
I always get the last words at my house, "Yes Dear"
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

congrats
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
speedball

Post by speedball »

Congratulations, Sometimes you kill deer that happen to wander over from another property, thats what makes hunting so fun ya never know what your gonna see!!!!! :wink: :D
gone huntin never to return................
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Its more like a box of chocolates, Ya never know what your gonna get !!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grey Owl
butch

Post by butch »

Thanks to all that responded. I still can't believe I was able to harvest this deer. I keep going out to the garage to look at him. My neighbour used my stand after my hunt and hunted everyday up to the end. He didnt have any luck. On the last afternoon he had a deer snort at him for what he says was 15 min. He also mentioned that he had heard movement behind him during that time. Are Bucks the only ones that snort? I thought male and females both do this. I put my trail camera back out to see what may be out there for this falls hunt. Happy New year to all.
Partikle

Post by Partikle »

butch wrote:Thanks to all that responded. I still can't believe I was able to harvest this deer. I keep going out to the garage to look at him. My neighbour used my stand after my hunt and hunted everyday up to the end. He didnt have any luck. On the last afternoon he had a deer snort at him for what he says was 15 min. He also mentioned that he had heard movement behind him during that time. Are Bucks the only ones that snort? I thought male and females both do this. I put my trail camera back out to see what may be out there for this falls hunt. Happy New year to all.
Congrats again Butch. Both does and bucks snort. I had a big doe snort at me 2 weeks ago. I chased her away after dark so I could get out of my stand and she very stomping her foot and snorting at me for about 5 minutes. Friends of mine have also had does snort at them during past gun seasons on many occations.
butch

Post by butch »

It seems that there is alot more activity now than during the regular season. Im guessing that the deer are snorting because they cannot identify what they sense. Butch.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

great buck!

good job....

deadeye
Blood make's the grass grow, Owh-ay!