Walking in winter!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grizzled47

Walking in winter!

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi Guys!
Been very busy dealing with all the snow, and taking down Xmas deco etc. I was up on the roof with my snow shovel last week, removing what seemed like tons of the white stuff!! I had intended to just pull off the heavy load from the roof of the deck, before it buckled or something! Anyway, I decided to do the whole home while I was up there! Wish I'd never started!! :roll: I've never been as Knackered!! ( English for "tuckered out!" ) I must have moved tons of the sodding stuff!
Yesterday, we went for a long walk into the brush behind our property. We went in for about a mile or so, just to get a picture of the layout, and to see what it looked like from an hunting poit of view.
There are a good number of logging trails out there, which keep branching off the main Hydro track. The Hydro track cuts through the brush and forest to the skyline! There are a few very good managed ATV/Skidoo trails through there also, and some very nice "Open" areas between the cleared areas. All in all, it looks very promising for hunting! :wink:
We followed a moose track for a long long way along the logging trail, but gave up when the tracks went down the side of a big open area, which was deep in snow. It was a great morning for walking even though it was minus 16. The sun was out, and we were well wrapped up!
We just love walking, and it takes a lot to keep us from getting out at least once a day. This walk gave me some ideas for next hunting season, and was the longest distance we have gone into the brush behind the property...and there are many more miles to go at!! :lol:
Hope you like the few pics.
Grizzled.
It was a lovely morning for walking! Image

A nice logging trail! Image

Mary looking for tracks! Image

It looks good for hunting! Image
We followed a moose track for a long way before giving up!!
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Been there on the roof shovelling thing. The more snow you shovel off the less height to fall from. :lol: :wink:

Great pics.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

can't see the photos
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
Ron

Walking In Winter!

Post by Ron »

Hi Grizzled. The photos are beautiful, but what's all that white stuff?
I just pulled my local weather off the internet and as you can see we have the advantage with heating bills, but you sure have the advantage on tracking any bow shot animals.
Updated: 4:56 PM EST on January 09, 2006
Observed At: Vidalia, Georgia
Elevation: 272 ft / 83 m
68 °F / 20 °C
Clear

Beautiful country you live in.
I would rather be hunting.
frisky

Post by frisky »

dont know what the story is, I can't see the pictures either :(
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
grizzled47

walking in winter

Post by grizzled47 »

Hi A.W.,
You are right about the more you shovel the less far you fall, and it also helps with getting down the lights without the ladder...see pics!!
I don't know why some of you can't see the pics and some can...Hmmmm strange! What I have noticed though is that the pics on my previous posts have now disappeared, and been replaced by "OOOPS" boxes!!?? Anyone know what that is about?
Anyway, I hope you can all see these!
grizzled.
PS. What kind of temp is that Ron??? Not been above freezing here for many weeks! It was minus 20 last night! :cry:

I must have shifted tons of the sodding stuff!! Image

It was VERY hard work for an old man! Image

At least we had help with the drive!!

At least we had help with the drive!!
If at first you don't succeed...try again!!
Grizzled.
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Nice pictures Griz. We cant seem to get much down here this year. I was hoping for some next week for our annual Coyote hunt but it dont look good. Thanks for sharing. I had to shovel my roof bout 3 years ago from a heavy snowfall. It all wound up on 1 side of my roof from the wind. Bout 3 feet and then it warmed up and they were calling for rain so I had to get it off. Alot of work Ill tell ya.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Hi Grizz, I was going to say that looks like fun, but maybe not. It'll keep you young heh!

Hope you have some weeping tile around the base of your house, all that moisture when it melts could cause you some problems in your basement.
Some older homes like mine have collasped.

Grey Owl