Camo comparison in black & white….

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Thanks woody for the pic's on this topic, I would really like to this sort of thing done on the ground as well just for intrest sake.

I however know that most of you fella's do have your favorite camo patterns and noughing is going to change ones mind. If one takes a very close look at these and keep in mind that most Bow hunters do not hang out away from tree trunks while bow hunting unless they are trying to shoot around a large branch :wink: You need to ask yourself , just what pattern in these photo's about would more fit the view of a deer if the hunter was in a normal hunting setup.

Very good post on some good camo patterns on the market today...BT
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Woody,
They say a picture says a thousand words. You got a couple of books in those pictures. I agreee with Hoss as I started mixing my outfits. The Empress referred to it as cross-dressing. Hhhhhuuummm, I not sure I liked the sound of that phrase. Once the snow came I switched to a Snow Camo top over my old Skyline Apparition insulated coveralls. The bottom half blends with the tree trunk and the white blotchy top works well against the snow and sky. Hoss do got a point and I appreciate it.
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

When snow hits, I usually wear a Mossy Oak snow camo top, and an old set of Woolrich Malones on the bottom. I think nothing looks more like a Cherry tree trunk, than the old wool malones. I've pulled the sneak on quite a few with this combo. In the fall, I'm a Mossy Oak guy. I must say, I like the old treestand pattern, mixed with the old fall foilage pattern. I find the photos interesting though. If a deer would look up, and you had dark pants, and the snow camo on top, it may be great. I just feel funny about walking with white on in the fall. It may be a good carry in item, for treestand hunting. Very interesting. I think I may try the same test with the stuff I wear. I know old Tiger Stripe is hard to beat in my area in the spring for Turkeys. Butcher
If you always tell the truth, there is nothing to remember. Mark Twain
Boo

Post by Boo »

When I go out west I usually have some time to screw around with the mulies. If you sneak close to a heard and they see you and you do not move the deer will get real close. So close that you can see their wiskers bristling. It makes no difference if you are wearing camo or not. My hunting partner has probably taken more without camo than with camo. I do not always wear camo and have taken lots of animals. I personally think camo is good for hiding minor movement. I think that camo is mostly to the benefit of the makers of camo. The best animals have been taken by myself (including a 5 X 5 elk) including one day with two double and one triple geese! I think that camo for the hunter gives us more in confidence than anything else.
Don
Mr. Dynamite

Post by Mr. Dynamite »

I think that camo is mostly to the benefit of the makers of camo.
i totally agree. They are makin a killing off of us
I think that camo for the hunter gives us more in confidence than anything else.
i find (not by personal experience so much) that it really intimidates nonhunters also. Dont know if that is good or bad?
Want to buy a K98 Mauser 8mm. If you have an old one sitting around someone brought back from the war please message me!
PRB

Post by PRB »

I like the Predator Fall Grey myself. I dont have any but if I was a deer Id like it :lol:
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Ronster

Post by Ronster »

Just my 2 cents here, but whatever camo I'm using, I spray it with Atsko U-V Killer after washing it in UV free soap. I then hold it under a Black Light to make sure nothing glows. I think this helps any camo pattern your using.