magnified scope choices??????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fitpays

magnified scope choices??????

Post by fitpays »

time to get ready for fall season. last year i bought my crossbow with a 3x magnification scope with 3 lines for yardage drop. it worked very well, but i was wondering if anyone has experimented with a scope with more magnification. i'd prefer one with 4x mag and graduations. if no one makes this, i'm wondering if anyone has used a leupold or other scope. we have a minimum point requirements and my eyesight is not the best. when a deer is 30 - 40 yeards out, i'd like to be able to get a REALLY good look at him! let me know what you guys think.
gad

Post by gad »

Go with the excalibur varizone. Impossible to go wrong with it. :D
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
wabi

Post by wabi »

I've used a Leupold 2-7x, but you only have one crosshair. With bows near or over 300fps you can sight in at 25 yards and be in the kill zone out to 30 yards or so with a dead-on hold. Beyond that hold-over is needed.
wabi
taxman

Post by taxman »

used a REDFIELD wide angle 2-7 last year w/ great results. i think i zeroed it in for 20 yards. i now have a vari zone for this year.
M&M

Post by M&M »

You could allways carry a small pair of binoculars they make some that are pocket sized that could do ok M&M
Lee

Post by Lee »

I use a 3x9 efr leupold on my bow the efr was made for air rifles works great.