Am looking forward to deer season.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DaveShooter

Am looking forward to deer season.

Post by DaveShooter »

:D HI all,
This is my first post to the forum. I got an older exocet with 165 LBS on it. I have taken 5 deer with this bow. It has never let me down.
I was thinking of geting a new either phoenix or exocet200 but i don't know the old bow just feels so right if you know what I mean. I do like some of the new upgrades some I didn't care for but again that is just me.
I guess to I am getting older and thot seriously about the shorter power stroke and ease of cocking the bow in comparison and all. Not that I am in a feeble state of health. Just doing some serious train of thots in the matter.
We also have the goofy law in Ohio in reguards to 200 lbs max limit on x- bow. I would love to use a Exomag just for the heck of it.
Nice talking to you all and watch your top knot as well as shoot that monster buck.
DaveShooter
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome!
I know exactly what you mean about all the choices & decisions to make. I've owned 3 Excaliburs in the past few years, and they all were very accurate and quite capable of shooting through any deer that lives.
If the old one "feels" right, then stick with it.
wabi
exocet

Post by exocet »

I just ordered an Exocet and frankly, for the 25 pounds more, I don`t think I would spend the extra $60. Plus, 200 pounds max here in PA also. Jack.
DaveShooter

Don't take me wrong I am gonna keep my bow!!!!

Post by DaveShooter »

I just thot maybe it would be fun to try something new. I do thank everyone for their input but you guys know how it is just something about the ole bow that still makes me wanna let the bolts fly. I would like to shoot an exomag just for the fun of it. Has anyone ever shot the buckeye broadhead out of their bow? Years ago I shot a doe with one looked as if she was hit by a 30/06. I was talking with a friend of mine he shot a wild -pig with one it to looked awful nasty exact-hole.
One fast bow I had a # yrs ago was the Bear archery devistator man that thing was heavy in weight but it sure did slam those 22" 2219 easton shafts. It just wasn't the kind of bow I would pack in the woods today. Excalibur is so much eaiser on string change and all as well as accur.
DaveShooter:D
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

if I works, dont fix it... the only thing you would be gaining is a nwer model and maybe 10-20fps, but the older one is fast enough and if nothing has jumped the string on that then its good to go :D

maybe ask for a new model for xmas;)