Let Her Walk Again!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Grizzly Adam

Let Her Walk Again!

Post by Grizzly Adam »

There I was, making my way along the North Farm path, in between a green soybean field and a freshly cut cornfield ... and as I ghosted along in my leafy Bugtamer suit, Little Mama slipped out in front of me, about forty yards away across the canal, with Juinor in tow. She knew I was something unusual (I look like Sasquatch in that thing), but as I was still as a statue, she didn't spook ... just looked and looked, while the fawn grazed and grazed.

I could easily have sent a bolt whistling her way, but again, I decided not to. I think I'll give her 'till after a good hard frost, and then I just might change my mind ... but for now, she walked again, with kiddo leading the way.

In other news, the mosquitos almost carried me off tonight! MAN! And it was hot and humid, too ... glasses kept fogging up, couldn't see, got chewed on everywhere the Bugtamer suit stretched tight.

Come on frost and freeze ... can't come soon enough! Don't even know if I'll go out again until it does!

Grizz In Need of a Blood Transfusion
Rich

Post by Rich »

So you still got ate up even with a Bug Tamer suit. I was looking at getting one but I guess they aren't 100% bug proof. I used to hunt NC when I first got stationed in VA, I can relate to the bugs and heat.

Rich
deerman

Post by deerman »

In re: to shooting does it is best to harvest them early so that the bucks dont end up breeding them for nothing and stressing them out for nothing also. Once a buck breeds more than seven does his antler growth and body bones will be greatly deminished the next year.This is just one example of why you dont want the buck to doe ratio way off like 7to1 or higher.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

one word thermacell dont leave home with out it.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

What's thermacell?

Grizz
A.W

Post by A.W »

Grizzly Adam wrote:What's thermacell?

Grizz
Here you go.

http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.