3 Wolverines ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

3 Wolverines ...

Post by R.J. »

I posted awhile ago , Digger and wabi helped me procure a 1989 Wolverine ... well since then I got a line on 2 others from George Wagner at the Bow Shop in Waterloo, " new in the box " . 1 was camoed . the other was original walnut ... According to George a customer purchased them awhile ago but never picked them up ... George got ahold of the guy and arranged the " change of ownership " ... they were too sweeeeet to pass up and the price was right !

Man , when it rains it pours ! ... you see many Wolverines in misc condition around but these 2 are mint !

Here are the 3 amigo's ! ( great additions to the collection ! )

1st 3 pictures are the I got thru wabi and Digger with accessories.

Next 3 pictures are the Wolverine , walnut .

Next 3 pictures are another Wolverine , camoed

Pretty cool to see the difference in the cedar camo patterns from one to another ...

Thanks to all that PM'd me re: available Wolverines ... but my Wolverine line up is complete now !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
exocet

Post by exocet »

That is the coolest of scores ever!! I would love to run into something like that. I really believe the collectable value of older crossbows one day will hit and I may start doing that soon, but I will still shoot them :D Jack.
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

Man, I am very jealous. :( Those are some mint looking collectors. If you need some room to store them, I could help you out. :wink:
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
Digger

Post by Digger »

Rick, I sure hope you got a good deal from George. At least better than for the first one.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

exocet wrote :
I really believe the collectable value of older crossbows one day will hit .
Yep .... my thinking to .... I hope ~!

schnarrfuss wrote :
Those are some mint looking collectors.
Yes sir ... they are in pristeen condition !

Digger wrote :
I sure hope you got a good deal from George.
Yep ..... much better !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
wabi

Post by wabi »

What gets me is the similarity to today's Excaliburs. Other than a few cosmetic changes there are very few real "improvements" to the Excalibur line.
The basic design is still pretty much the same. The trigger, sights, and riser underwent no real major changes until the new forward pitched limbs came into production, and they aren't really much of a change. The change from wood to synthetics for the stock was pretty drastic, but really had little effect on the performance of the bow.
I guess what I'm trying to say is if you own & hunt with a Wolverine you aren't really at any disadvantage to someone with a brand new Vixen.
Bill T. put together a winning design, and had enough sense to stick with it! The durability of his design is pretty evident with all the old models that are still in service. I'm just thankful there is a quality recurve crossbow available to today's hunters. Simplicity, durability, and value - how can that be improved????
wabi
exocet

Post by exocet »

True, a great design speaks for itself!! The nicest changes are the Carved Mag Tip Limbs and the Cocking Groove for changing strings, cocking with the Crankaroo and such. The trigger looks a little different now, but that isn`t a biggie :D I would love to find one of those original wood stocked ones!! Jack.
jessejames

wolverine specs

Post by jessejames »

Nice score for sure. I just picked up an older one myself. I plan on using it this year. Do you have thelbs. and FPS specs on this weapon. Thanks
jj
leonk

Post by leonk »

Congrats RJ, now you definetly need to expand the "gun" room :D