I got lazy and blew a great chance..

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hoss

I got lazy and blew a great chance..

Post by Hoss »

MAN Im upset with myself..I went out today and was walkn really stalkin down and old oil rig road and it took me an hour to go about 200 yds...I was doing good but got lazy was tired and started to walk faster cause i hadnt seen any deer where (I ) wanted them to be.... and then BAM this nice buck jumps up about 100yds from me ( the wind was swirling) and High tails it....Ifn I had of been a little more careful I might of had a shot...Blackpowder season..I guess i coulda shot but he was leavin away and I think he thinks I didnt see him so thats a low level busted kinda deal..He will be back but he will be lookin for me..I know...but i will be readyer next time...

Ok fellas let me have it I deserve it...what a dumb A$$
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
TYE

Post by TYE »

exocet

Post by exocet »

Don`t be too upset with yourself as I do that all of the time man. You will get the next one!! Jack.
jessejames

Post by jessejames »

I'm not going to call you anything. Just going to say thank you for letting me know I'm not the only ramrod that does it. Happend twice this week. My walk and stalk usually truns to crash and abng.haha. get em next time
jj
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Heck Man why do you think they call it hunting and not KILLING when you go out the door.
wabi

Post by wabi »

If we shot every one we saw it wouldn't be much fun.
wabi
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I hear you guys.It just went all over me..Ive been after this fella for 3 years now...double drop tine buck...hes a dandy..and on public land at that....just venting

Thanks Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

thats just hunting... if it was easy, we wouldnt do it probably:-P
NZ Hunter

Post by NZ Hunter »

Thats the thrill of it, it may be another year or two before you nail him. The thrill will be even greater. He is an educated deer. Dont let up when in his teritory. Good luck.
If it feels good, DO IT.