Lookin down the rail

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Lookin down the rail

Post by chris4570 »

My Exocet is being very patient, which is more than I can say for myself. She really want to launch an arrow towards a buck, but so far they haven't been co-operating.

You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Hang in there Chris.

I'm still waiting for my first buck with my Exocet. I have lots of does around. I'll be taking another one of those in a couple of weeks if I don't see Mr. Buck. I know I got a couple bucks around, for I have seen them on my trail cam. It's all timing. :?

Jay
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Had my chance on two bucks 1\2 hr into the season on the opener. A basket 4pt and a basket 6pt. Thought I would pass and wait for a bigger one. STILL WAITING!!! :lol:

I haven't seen squat since the shotgun season ended. Still deer around but, I have yet to see one.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Big John

looking rail

Post by Big John »

I here you guy's!
Spent all day yesterday and today, 8 hr. plus 8 hr. :twisted: :twisted:
Nothing but Turkeys, Hawks and Squirels. :(
Another new Srape thirty yards in front of one of my stands.
Came over night!
Man these Buck's are really trying my patience! :twisted:

Beautiful Day's to be out though! :)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
wabi

Post by wabi »

Deer movement has been in streaks here this year. Could be the weather since it's been either cold or hot, with little middle ground. Below freezing for a few days, then back into the high 60's (F) right now! Possibility of snow before next weekend!
The rut seemed to begin almost overnight, and ended almost as quickly here this year. Saw a scrape had been hit hard last night when I was out checking the sights on my old muzzleloader this afternoon. It had not been touched for well over a week now. The second rut should still be a week or two away?
wabi
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Great view! Now all you need is a deer in the picture receiving that bolt. Good Luck!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Haven't been out since coming back from the second week of rifle up in area 47, gave it a break this weekend, gotta spend some time with the wife every once in a while to keep her happy, next weekend it's time to get back at it with phoenix, hopefully it's get a little cooler, today was 11 degrees it's going up to 16 this week, not that i don't like it, i just think that it's probably messing up with the rut a little bit being so warn.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Spent a few hours tonight looking for one my friend shot, but couldn't find anything, no blood, nothing. He said he shot it at 15 yards, perfect shot, it went through the ribs and stuck in the deer. Must have hit the shoulder on the other side. We lost it though.

In the middle of this post he phoned me as he was driving home and he drove past where we shot the deer, and apparently he seen 2 guys loading the same deer he shot, into the back of a truck. So apparently the deer hasn't gone to waste, but 2 idiots stole it. :evil:

I'm also down to, 2 arrows. Cuz I missed the target at 50 yards the other day, and couldn't find it. Can't figure out what happened cuz I hit dead center at 60 yards today. :? Think maybe something was bent on the broadhead. And I noticed one of my arrows had split carbon, so I shot a squirrel with it tonight.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Tye,

Did he stop and talk to the guys?
TYE

Post by TYE »

ecoaster wrote:Tye,

Did he stop and talk to the guys?
Nope, I think he was trying to avoid trouble.
A.W

Post by A.W »

TYE wrote:In the middle of this post he phoned me as he was driving home and he drove past where we shot the deer, and apparently he seen 2 guys loading the same deer he shot, into the back of a truck. So apparently the deer hasn't gone to waste, but 2 idiots stole it. :evil:
I don't know if I would call it theft. You and your buddy gave up looking for the deer and left. Could be that they finished it off. At least the deer didn't go to waste if it was the deer your buddy shot. Live and learn. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
TYE

Post by TYE »

A.W wrote:
TYE wrote:In the middle of this post he phoned me as he was driving home and he drove past where we shot the deer, and apparently he seen 2 guys loading the same deer he shot, into the back of a truck. So apparently the deer hasn't gone to waste, but 2 idiots stole it. :evil:
I don't know if I would call it theft. You and your buddy gave up looking for the deer and left. Could be that they finished it off. At least the deer didn't go to waste if it was the deer your buddy shot. Live and learn. :wink:
Yep, same deer, still had his Beman Thunderbolt stuck through it. We looked for the deer for a few hours. We looked all over the place. I trekked through a swamp hole looking for the deer. 5 of us couldn't find it. So we decided to give up, and I told my friend to give it a try during daylight today. But on his way home he seen the 2 guys loading the deer into the back of a pickup truck. Instead of starting an argument my friend said the hell with talking to them.

I'm just glad the deer isn't gonna rot away for nothing. Atleast someones gonna eat it.

I feel bad for my friend, cuz that's 2 now he's lost this year.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I would have talked to them. At the very least they may have given him his bolt back and let him know where they found it. If not, then, nothing lost by trying.
TYE

Post by TYE »

ecoaster wrote:I would have talked to them. At the very least they may have given him his bolt back and let him know where they found it. If not, then, nothing lost by trying.
I would have talked to them too. But I wasn't there. So oh well.
sunset

Post by sunset »

Ya I think when you are in the immediate area, still dressed, still sweaty, see YOUR arrow in a deer and knowing THIS deer was the one you hit, you should have stopped and talked to them. They will recognize immediately what's going on and hopefully be cooperative. You can always split the deer with them as they may already have it gutted...and of course don't overlook stopping just to verify it was sealed.
If you find them aggressive/threatening, back off. Use a cell phone follow the car and call the OPP. Follow them till they are stopped.
Big oversight.