Questions of camo for vixen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Youngegunner

Post by Youngegunner »

For your limbs Cabelas has limbskins for recurve bows that are in a camo pattern. Their 15 bucks so not to bad if you like them or if they'll even work on a crossbow?

Cody spam
sunset

Post by sunset »

Let's see some pics of yoru camo job! Brampton Mike
Sorry for the delay over the weekend, here's some pics for ya...hope they come up :?: .

Since I'm no artist I actually have about 4 coats on this trying different techniques. It's by no means any specific camo pattern, just an attempt to break up the outline and hide any shine from turkey and waterfowl.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Sunset I don't see any pics. I would really like to see these if you could try again. Thanks.
Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

sunset wrote:
Let's see some pics of yoru camo job! Brampton Mike
Sorry for the delay over the weekend, here's some pics for ya...hope they come up :?: .

Since I'm no artist I actually have about 4 coats on this trying different techniques. It's by no means any specific camo pattern, just an attempt to break up the outline and hide any shine from turkey and waterfowl.

:lol: :lol: Looks great to me!!!!!!!! thanks..............Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

that look's 8) what's in the background, 2 gun safe's, you must have a lot of them if you need 2 :lol:
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

That looks really good! 8) . This may help a bit.
http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewI ... d=7&effect

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewI ... d=8&effect

That is as smart as I get. :lol:
sunset

Post by sunset »

Thanks Alin for getting that link to work.
I have 2 gun safes there not because I need them but when bolted together, they become a WHOLE lot more difficult to carry.
:wink:
sunset

camo painting

Post by sunset »

Just thought I'd report back with some good news/information. Surprisingly the acrylic camo paint on my shotgun is standing up rather well. After a week of use and handling in our controlled deer hunt (Perth County) the only signs of paint missing shows up along outside corners and edges of the receiver...just the same as where bluing wears off. All in all it didn't take much time to paint and all indications show longevity. If necessary, I'll have no hesitation adding some white for winter waterfowl hunts.

Merry Christmas everyone, and good luck for anyone seeking a deer over the holiday season.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Well I painted the vixen, it looks pretty good. Some flaws but it is camo'd. My son really likes camo, so I thought I would go the extra mile.

I used the krylon paint for plastic. It comes in four camo (extra flat), colors. The instructions say not to use primer on plastic so I did not. I probably still would have used primer but that type of paint or at least that specific krylon paint does not have a primer. I think it is just acrylic paint.

I used a combo reverse stencil technique with masking tape torn in irregular shapes, topped with a fern like plastic plant I held up to it and sprayed through. I sanded between coats, hardest part was getting four coats worth of masking tape off the xbow.

Anyway, not too difficult. I am going to try to get a pic so you guys can see it. Thanks to Sunset and some others for info on this project.
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

I noticed this dipping process becoming more and more popular the last 2/3 yrs. The expense a persons wanting to spend most certainly would be a factor but the finished dipped product is sure to be impressive.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/
rutman

Post by rutman »

A friend of mine sanded and painted a cheap 12 ga. with screw in chokes. He used small bits of cedar and the end result looked awesome. He said he got the camo paint (actually called that) at Canadian Tire. I used camo burlap and matt camo tape to get rid of the shiny camo on the limbs of my paradox last turkey season. It worked very well.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Well we took some pics just waiting on my cousin to email them to me.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Here it is, Tyler is happy with it. I bought a 320 sanding cloth I am going to give it one more light sanding.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Your camo job turned out great.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Thanks Farmer. I am happy with it, and the most important thing is my boy is happy. :D