Where do ya get yer $bucks$

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lucky Lar

Post by Lucky Lar »

I work in a lab in a papermill in northern Wisconsin. I test paper samples so the machine tenders know what they need to do to meet certain spec.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Lar ...

You're right about me being a dad, but I have no living child. My daughter Hannah died in 2003. I'm out of that job.

Another clue, then:

What I do is illegal in many countries, and even punishable by death.
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

see my screen name :lol:

been farming since I was walking.. so 26 years LOL :D

during the dead months of winter I hunt as much as possible, but also process deer for hunters for the hungry. As well as process beef and hogs.. We just started doing deer this year and between my dad and mother we did 180 deer in about a month(2-3 days per week).

as long as out outside working im happy..

other than that, my job is raising my 2 kids.. I dont get paid enough for that though :P :D
taxman

me

Post by taxman »

im a self employed cpa. i have around 450 clients who never want to pay any taxes-lol..
i work around 80 hrs a week from now till april 15ish. i usually only work 15 hr weeks (if at all) during hunting season. i have my clients trained really well-they usually dont bother me in the fall..ive been doing this since 1977(im 45). this is the only job that i have ever had.
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I work as an engineer for General Dynamics. I worked as a Satellite Controller (flew satellites) for the Army for ten years. For the past ten I've been spending less and less time flying satellites and climbing 80-foot tall antennas and more on ground based communications.

Its 40-hours a week with no clock. I find it very difficult to work Fridays (and some Mondays) during hunting season.

DuckHunt
OneShot

Post by OneShot »

I have been a doctor of motoralogy for the past 30 years!

Now being an unrestricted free agent ; I choose to hunt and fish as the feeling occurs.

Otherwise if ya need help; eg. farming, framing a house or just an expert witness in any field, drop me a line.

Making personally appearance and signing autographs is fun too!

Oneshot.......
Leave the concrete jungle behind and just go hunting !
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Come on Lar, I'd say Grizz is a preacher.
Why ride when you can walk!
darkhollowarcher

re

Post by darkhollowarcher »

Retired but i did spend 45 years as a tool/die maker in a former life
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I have been a small animal veterinarian since 1983. Bought my own practice in 1984 and sold the real estate to a dentist in January 2005. Moved my practice over to my home after selling my building. I have a 30' X 80' Morton Building which I use about 30' X 40' for my hospital plus have surgery and x-ray in basement. It is wonderful. Not much overhead and I'm kind of semi-retired so don't have to work real hard to get by. I like to spend $$$ so I will never be able to completely retire, plus I like the clients and their fuzzy buddies, so it keeps me happy and fullfilled. Just got back today from 4 days in Orlando, FL at the largest veterinary convention in world. Was totally awesome and actually got sunburned yesterday sitting in the sun reading my material (it was 82 F and full sun). So I don't really have to go anywhere to go to work. I'm in a wheelchair since 1984 so I just ride down the elevator from my house living area to basement, go up a ramp to driveway out back and wheel about 30' to my clinic. LOL I'm "not" a morning person so on occasion I'm a few minutes late for morning appointments. I told a client that I am sorry but had a traffic jam on my elevator. They just laughed.
Right behind my property is 1200 acres of woods and I have an argO 6WD amphibious ATV so whenever the notion strikes, I'm off into the woods. I shot my doe this year in backyard from ground blind right behind my woodpile. I hate giving my money to gas companies so I burn wood and generally have between 5 and 8 cords of wood stacked in my backyard. I can get behind that stack and setup ground blind and never be seen by my clients that come and go getting meds and food. Of course Ohio seems to be getting better every year for whitetails. I just start feeding shelled corn about 30 days before bow season opens and that along with fall apples keeps them coming right into the backyard. My girlfriend and I also have a 30' X 50' greenhouse that we grow hydroponic lettuce in from March through November. We sell about 1100 heads a month at local Farmer's Market. Originally we were going to run it year around, but we got some $1100 gas and $900 electric bills and that popped our bubble.
So that's a little about me...

DrDan
kev

Post by kev »

I'm a Millwright.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Groundpounder figured it out. I'm the "Senior Minister" at a large rural congregation. Have been a preacher for seventeen years this February.

As I am a country boy and a country preacher, I work the plainclothes division ... it's amazing what you can accomplish doing undercover work.

The only time I wear a suit and a tie is for funerals ... and I won't be wearing one during my own, either!

It's a good calling. I love to write, and to speak, and I love folks and helping them. My study is at home, and my schedule is my own, so I have time to do lots of things, depending on how I shuffle responsibilities.

So ... that's what I am. Don't rub it in anyone's face, because I think your actions say more than your claims ... but like Popeye, "I yam what I yam!"
Grizz
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hey Grizz! I grew up as a PK - I guess I still am one. :lol: My Dad retired 10 yrs ago, but he hasn't quit. He still fills for others - sometimes I think he's busier than he was before he retired! LOL I guess it's just the sort of thing your just "are" - just like you said.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, VixChix ...

I don't know if there's any retirement in ministry! Whether from duty or lack of a pension or a little of both, most ministers I know literally "die in the traces" ... I know many around here well into their seventies and even eighties who still do it full-time, with much approval ... they are among the most vigorous seniors I know. I even knew one who was still at it at 92!

It's not the kind of thing you stop doing, maybe, because it's not just a job for most of us. And I think it keeps you young because you give of yourself for the sake of others, and don't have time to descend into that oblivion of self-pity that claims so many as they age.

I know I don't ever dream of or even think of retirement ... it's just not a concept I entertain. I reckon I'll keep on keepin' on as long as I can. I guess as long as you're not too feeble of body and mind to do it, there's always work to be done.

Of course, I don't know about the mental qualifications ... after all, they let me do it, don't they? :wink:
Grizz
Fur & Feathers

Post by Fur & Feathers »

I just started a new job as a salesman with Ingersoll Rand. The products I sell are their Tools and Hoists. Cover from Massena NY to Binghamton NY. I've been at it for 6 months. So far so good.
Get out & Enjoy.
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

Hello Griz - I am also a pastor - I have been here in Chesterfield, VA (about 20 minutes from Richmond) for the past 17 years with a small but happy congregation. I grew up in western NC in the town of Morganton. How far is Richmond from Gum Neck? I travel down to Rocky Mount, NC frequently is that anywhere near Gum Neck?