More on Targets

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xeon

Post by xeon »

cabelas has their own cheap targets, although im not sure their made for crossbows. run ya $40 for a cheap one.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Bstout I don`t know if you can get the broadhead target that excalibur sells but the styrocube I use is good for field tips and broadheads . I admit the cube is tough to remove an fieldtipped arrow in a brand new block . But once it gets shot at with blades it loosens up .
Big John

target

Post by Big John »

bstout:

Do you have a link to that one?
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
xeon

Post by xeon »

If you have $200, then id go with this one. I looked at it last year, and for the frequent bow shooter, id figure that this would outlast any of your foam targets. They say it will do more than 10,000 shots withough being replaced, but every 20-30 shots you just have to pound the core with a mallet. Only disadvantage is the weight (50lbs) but if you can cock your crossbow, then you can set one of these up.

http://www.neverweararchery.com
rutman

Post by rutman »

Just don't get the one that looks like the block but has more of a rubbery style lamination compressed in it. I have one, it was $70.00 and they eat inserts. It's been shot about 30 times anyone wants it can have it for $30.00.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

I have the Cabela's layered foam block and a field bolt will sail rith through at 10 yards. A Muzzy 4 Blade target point on a bolt will leave the fletching within the block at 10 yards. The further I get away from the block, the less the pentration.
Terry

Quad 300 x2
the elf

Post by the elf »

BStout-----further to your post of 6:02 this a.m.-----why not make a temporary bag taget to take to your trestand locations----light -- easy to position----will last for a number of shots------cheap----can be renewed easily-----and probably would not develop legs when you were not there----just a thought --Elf.