Is this an ExomaX; or an ExomaG?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

I sure do have a stringer.
It's already fixed; took about 12 turns!

I was wondering why it was so noisy. I'm going to take a few more shots now; I'll be back in 20 and tell you if it got any quieter.
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

it got a little quieter.... but; the arrows penetrate about 2" deeper; and about 1" higher.

I'm going to have to reset the scope now.

Thanks for spotting that guys.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Glad you got it :!: :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

If the serving looks ok then the string should be fine. The main problem with having the brace height so short is sometimes the string will come off, and the string slaps against the riser and chews up the serving.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I would sight it in again also. But raising your brace height probably will slow the bolt down a little, not speed it up.

At least that is how I understand the physics.

Should still be pretty darn close, especially at 20 yds. If you have the varizone you will most likely need to change the fps a little, but not much. I would guess with the string way down there you are maybe 3-5 fps faster.

But I am sort of new at this also. Hopefully one of the old pro's can chime in. But no biggy, you need to sight it in again any way. I am just letting you know what to expect. :)
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I sure am not a pro, however I am suprised the string did not come off the limbs with it set where it was.

Due to that fact, and I do stand to be corrected the xbow was not shooting up to par/standards so some speed was by no doubt lost plus a good gain in noise from string slap.

At 1 to 1 1/8" brace height should have quited down the xbow some plus picked up some speed from a properly set brace height.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

Here's what I did; I shot 1 last shot from 20yards(ish) freehand, and hit the top right target.

Then I fixed the string, and shot from the same spot freehand, and hit the center target.

Notice that the one in the center is significantly deeper; and higher. Remember though that both were shot freehand, so human error renders the height factor pretty much irrelevant.

But the bow undoubtedly sped up.

Its a real PITA to pull the arrows out of the block now. the Arrow gripper hits the vains. :? I need one of those T style arrow pullers that screw into the back of the arrows.
Stash

Post by Stash »

Block targets are tighter at the edges where the banding compresses the layers more. That's why you get deeper penetration in the center.

Bring it by the store some time and we'll sight it in and chrony it. (Tuesday's my day off this week....)
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

ooh Thanks Stan.

recognize the block?

I am coming by the store Tuesday for sure. I convinced 2 guys to get Excaliburs. Remember Richard? he is still set on the Exocet.

Now I recruited Adam too. He shot my bow a few times, but wants to see the phoenix, and exocet before a purchase.

I'll bring my bow in later on in the week as well.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

RAGE.be careful with the t style arrow puller ,the are handy but sometimes in factory made arrows the inserts are not glued in well enough and are easy to pull loose.
bait pile willie

rage.pickup or borrow the excalibur dvd on crossbows,you can learn alot from it,i have 2 of them,if you want one i can mail it to you.
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

the bow I got was used... and it came with a VHS.

are they the same information?
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
bait pile willie

should be.
Digger

Post by Digger »

They are mostly the same content, whats not on there is in the videos on the home page or the DVD.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

There is a few more newer things on the dvd than on the vhs tape . But you can go on the webpage and see the newer chapters as digger said.