scope or crossbow problem

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kycooner

scope or crossbow problem

Post by kycooner »

trying to get my exomax to pattern,,cannot shoot in the same place twice,,i'm trying 20 yds sandbagged down,,what do i need to do.
Frank Yates
Ky Cooner
06 Exomax aka RAMBOw
Lumi Zone Scope
Rangefinder Equiped
Custom Boo string
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/kycooner1/Rack_Attacker.jpg[/img]
kycooner

Post by kycooner »

how long should the gold tip carbon arrows last,,i went back to shooting,and picked out the arrow that shot closet to the target,and it shot rite around the same spot every time.
Frank Yates
Ky Cooner
06 Exomax aka RAMBOw
Lumi Zone Scope
Rangefinder Equiped
Custom Boo string
Rich

Post by Rich »

Frank,

Another thing to check is your 2 bolts that connect the bow assembly to the rail. I had one that was barely loose and it caused me to shot erratic. When I shoot, I number each bolt and each target and shoot the same numbers. This way it's always easy to see the bad bolt.

Rich
wabi

Post by wabi »

kycooner wrote:how long should the gold tip carbon arrows last,,i went back to shooting,and picked out the arrow that shot closet to the target,and it shot rite around the same spot every time.
Sounds like it might be the arrows causing the problem. I'm no expert on carbons, but it sounds like they may have something wrong with them. If one arrow consistantly shoots to the same spot the bow & scope are probably OK.
wabi
kycooner

Post by kycooner »

i believe i will put my vari zone back on and try it,,it was extremely accurate useing that.
Frank Yates
Ky Cooner
06 Exomax aka RAMBOw
Lumi Zone Scope
Rangefinder Equiped
Custom Boo string
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I think Wabi may be on the right track. I've bought a couple packs of the GT arrows from Excalibur and have has at least 1 in each pack that wasn't perfectly straight. Now I realize that many arrows are not perfectly straight. But a simple test is to take off the point and lay them onto a table/counter with the fletching hanging off the side. They should roll freely back and forth with no wobble. Any wobble will surely impact your accuracy.

Good luck.
kycooner

Post by kycooner »

i am useing the wasp brodheads,,i notice when i put them on they didn't come with a rubber o ring,so you can line the blades up with the feathers,the one arrow doing the best the blades are in line with the feathers.

got to quit for tonite,,wore slick out
Frank Yates
Ky Cooner
06 Exomax aka RAMBOw
Lumi Zone Scope
Rangefinder Equiped
Custom Boo string
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

I agree with bstout about lining up the fletching and broadheads. I have the Exocet200 and I couldn't get the broadheads to group. I talked to the boss at Excalibur and he recommended a brass insert (front). I did that and now I'm scared to try a group, I can't afford to replace my bolts. I'm using GT bolts and I am able to use my Muzzy 100 broadheads.
DH

Post by DH »

trky chsr wrote:I agree with bstout about lining up the fletching and broadheads. I have the Exocet200 and I couldn't get the broadheads to group. I talked to the boss at Excalibur and he recommended a brass insert (front). I did that and now I'm scared to try a group, I can't afford to replace my bolts. I'm using GT bolts and I am able to use my Muzzy 100 broadheads.
So are you saying with the use of brass front inserts you can tighten that little bit extra to line up blades with the fletching :?:
DH

Post by DH »

bstout wrote:The additional nose weight caused by the heavier front brass insert creates stability/accuracy (increases FOC) at the price of speed/flat shooting.
Thanks bs
Can a guy order the GT2 with brass inserts or do I have to have them costom made :?:
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

bstout is right on but I think the speed loss is negligible. I use the Varizone scope and when sighted in the graduations all work right on and I have the dial set for about 330 fps. I bought the inserts from a local retailer and installed them myself. TC