Post by Stosh »

[img]http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r118 ... G_8016.jpg

[/img]http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r118 ... G_8017.jpg

After cutting the plastic shim away, ready to try broadheads
All 16 of my gt's

Good luck Hunting, Stosh
GREAT OUTDOORS

Post by GREAT OUTDOORS »

HAVE TRYED A COMBINATION OF SOME OF SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU GUYS. APPRECIATE ALL IDEAS, THANKS .....
I DID SINGLE OUT ONE BAD ARROW AND BLADE. (AM USING WASP BROADHEADS).
BETWEEN THE BAD BOLT AND BLADE, ALIGNING MY VANES WITH BROADHEADS & YES I ALSO NOTICED THE VANES TOUCHING WHERE THE LIMBS CONNECT, AND DID SOME TRIMMING THERE.
SOME WHERE BETWEEN ALL TWEAKING SEEMS TO HAVE TAKEN CARE OF THE PROBLEM. ALL CONSISTANT GROUPING NOW. TIGHT GROUPS!
TIME TO ENJOY.
ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO ALL.
LETS GO HUNTING!!!
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Did my 100 gr slick tricks, all 16 shoot within one inch from center of bull at 20 yds. I ready, come on the 29th!!!

Happy hunting, Stosh
DH

Post by DH »

Stosh wrote:I had a similar problem, could hit 1 inch squares at 20 yds, 3 of 4 would be in the sq, 1 would not, sometimes 2 would not. was not the same bolt each time, some low, some left,some right, never a high one. Checked everything, found nothing. Got my new cabelas catalog this am. It had new vanes in it. .590 high, 2.1 long, looked great. I got my exocet out to see if the would fit in the rail, took one of my gt with a 3 inch duravane, no tip and slid it under the string backwards, much to my suprise where the limbs bolt on there is a plastic spacer between the limb and the tapered aluminum part, sorry dont know what you call it. The plastic was sticking out toward the rail by 1/8 of an inch on both sides. when i rotated my bolt the vanes would hit the plastic shim. I took a utility knife blade, cut the excess off, shot 5 shots with the same arrows and had 5 in the 1 inch sq. My target has 5 one in squares on it. Check yours, mite be the answer.
Ps new vanes wont work as they will hit the aluminum piece that the limbs bolt to.

Good luck, Stosh
Stosh, I think your on to something here, I have similar grouping problems. Some times they are very consistant then all of a sudden the next couple of shots are out in left field. I though I was probably just flinching but after reading this and looking at my bow I think I now know where my problem is. I can't comfirm this till my new limbs come in though, hopefully this week.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Thought you guys might want a before and after picture to see what Stosh is talking about . . .

Here is the before . . .you can see the black edges of the material sticking out and into the area where the vanes pass as the bolt exits the bow. . .

Here is the after picture . . .it was very easy to trim that excess away with a utility knife.

Thanks Stosh!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen