Some basic rules I made

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kenton

Post by Kenton »

practice, practice, practice............then practice some more.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Keep an open mind, it's the only way you will learn different approaches. Also, don't get too caught up with a lot of rules, they get in the way of having fun. Plus, I've done everything "wrong" before and still harvest a nice buck . . .I've done everything exactly "right" before and not see anything.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Some of the times I see my bigest bucks is when I am walking out and realy not paying attention. So walk in and out as if your on a stalk.

I've payed attention to the Moon transit for the past 8 years and if I know that deer are bedded I move quickly and quitely with out touching anything that a deer can pick my scent up on.
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

Don't drink beer and eat HOT wings the night before the hunt,,,,, :shock:
and if you must, then take a fresh pair of drawers.
wabi

Post by wabi »

DoDFire wrote:Don't drink beer and eat HOT wings the night before the hunt,,,,, :shock:
and if you must, then take a fresh pair of drawers.
That might fall under the "watch the wind" suggestion. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My rule - have fun!!!!!!
If you aren't enjoying the HUNT something is wrong with your attitude. Can't say I've never had outside pressures ruin a hunt, but I've learned to use the woods as an escape - not a "stewing pot" to hash over life's problems in my mind! When you step into the woods try to become tuned to it's sounds and "feelings", and enjoy your surroundings.
wabi
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Live
Be
Enjoy
Accept
Treasure
Thank
Watch
Listen
Feel
Learn
Do
Grow
Know
Live
Grizz
vapredhunter

Post by vapredhunter »

I think everyone should take one season and try to kill a buck from the ground with their bow or xbow. Nothing like playing the wind learning to conceal yourself and taking a mature buck eye to eye from 15 yards. Those are some of the most exciting hunts of my life. Good Luck to all this season. Chris,
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
rwk

Post by rwk »

Make sure your cell phone is on vibrate, not ring