Boo string?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vrodman

Boo string?

Post by vrodman »

I'm new to all this and have seen you all talking about the Boo string. My question is what's differant in it compared to Flemish? I have the Flemish now. I'm just trying to figure what step to take next if any. I'm shooting the Vortex.
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

If you missed it; "Boo" is a member here.

He makes his own Flemish strings, but adds a bit more love, and devotion to his strings than the standard factory strings. Here is a quality thread you may find interesting!
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... light=test

Generally speaking though; There is no difference between a Factory Flemish String, and a Custom Boo String: they are both very similar, and can be used on the same model bows. But you can probably expect a bit more life, and maybe a few extra FPS out of a Boo string.

And since they are all individually custom made; you get to chose your own colours!
http://www.vaportrailarchery.com/strings.asp

TYE's Pink/Black Custom Boo String

He also re-serves his own strings cheap!
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
wabi

Post by wabi »

Usually a custom stringmaker will produce a better product than is available from the factory. Not saying Excalibur's strings aren't good, but a custom stringmaker like Boo isn't looking at profit as seriously as the factory has to. He can spend a little more time making sure each string is made to the highest standards.
One big issue I've had and heard others mention is serving life. Boo has been kind enough to share a few tips on how to better serve (or re-serve an old string) and the strings I've served using his methods has been far superior to the factory serving. I'm sure his custom strings will have a longer life than the production strings.
Boo also has an option of catwhisker silencers on his strings. I didn't think they would make much of a difference in sound or vibration, but they do!
I think if you're shooting a production fastflight flemish string and replace it with one of Boo's flemish strings with the catwhisker option you will probably be shocked at the improvement.
wabi
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Whats the difference in Flemish and Xcel?
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Xcel doesn't stretch as much as flemish. It's a little faster. Less forgiving in the case of a dry-fire. More accurate, more consistant(due to the extra stretching). Xcel isn't as smooth or as quite as the flemish.

A series of trade-offs . . .just depends on your taste. Both are excellent string material.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Flemish is the way the string is put together. And endless loop as oppposed to a Flemish string(see the Excal site to see the difference between the two). Xcel is the string material. Xcel and Fast Flight have different properties. Check this out http://www.brownellarchery.com/products.htm
Careful because Excal calls their endless loop Dacron string an Excel string.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
TYE

Post by TYE »

Boo strings are the best of the best. 8)
Boo

Post by Boo »

Tye, that string looks awesome! Good choice in colours!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Boo . . .right again, I must be up too late . . .I meant Dacron instead of flemish . . .sorry. :oops:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

Scott, talking about strings is THE most confusing subject known to mankind as evidenced in the other threads!
vrodman

Post by vrodman »

Dan, Phone call coming tomorrow