Have i told yall i am a gator hunt guide?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frydaddy

Have i told yall i am a gator hunt guide?

Post by frydaddy »

Let me know what yall think of these old boys? Not bad for one nights work.Image
Last edited by frydaddy on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Picture is much too small and dark to see anything in it...
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Cool!

I'd love to hunt gators! I plan to someday.

We've got gators here in Tyrrell County ... we're the northernmost extreme of their range. There are a few in Gates, I'm told. Ours don't get as big as yours, though we have some nice sized ones. All are protected here.
Grizz
frydaddy

Sorry about pic.

Post by frydaddy »

:) Sorry about the pictures thay were taken on a older dig. camera. I'm trying to work on them to make them better. Tye :) Griz thay get real big in the south. I guide right down on the coast of ga. in the altamaha river at Darien ga. thats zone 7, lots of food make big gators. Those are 11'3" on the left and 10'2' on the right. Left gator is 595 pounds and the right is 365 pounds both are males. :)
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Many of our North Carolina gators are 6' to 8' ... but some have reached 11' or more ... and I've seen a stuffed 12' gator that was taken from poachers in Dare County.

The difference comes from our winters being colder, say biologists. The only reason we have them at all is because of our coastal environment, which has weather more like the Deep South most of the year.

We do have some big ol' bears around here ... 700 lb. + ... wish I could send you a few big bears and you could send me a few big gators! :D
Grizz
frydaddy

Try this out. Tye

Post by frydaddy »

ImageImageImage Hope you can get an idea of how big they are. It alot of fun to guide folks. Hay and it pays some bills two. :)
frydaddy

Well how about this.

Post by frydaddy »

:wink: Griz, You put me on a big bear. And i'll put you on a big gator. How 13' sound to you. Know where three are that big are right know. What you think about that? :wink:
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

What kind of stuff do you use on your arrows for gators? Is it bowfishing gear with heavier line? It's been a long time since I hunted gators. We used to just use rope and duct tape, but I'm older now and it doesn't sound as fun as it used to. :(
frydaddy

Thats about it.

Post by frydaddy »

:) I us the muzzy gator getter kit modifyed a little to inprove your success rate. I also have excalibur riged for most peaple to us. :)
Long Trang

Post by Long Trang »

Last edited by Long Trang on Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniele

Gators

Post by Daniele »

Just curious, what gets done with them? Eat them? Process the hide?
Or simply get a taxidermy job to show them off?
Daniele.
Good hunting, be safe.
navaman

Post by navaman »

can't say what they do with the entire gator but i know i've some pretty tasty gator meat before. :wink:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
frydaddy

Re: Gators

Post by frydaddy »

Daniele wrote:Just curious, what gets done with them? Eat them? Process the hide?
Or simply get a taxidermy job to show them off?
Daniele.
:) Well, all of the things you said are done with them. There meat is very tasty, there hide make great boots,belts,hat bands etc. and thay look great (stuffed) if you now what i mean. Frydaddy :)
frydaddy

Big and Tasty

Post by frydaddy »

navaman wrote:can't say what they do with the entire gator but i know i've some pretty tasty gator meat before. :wink:
:) :) Gator meat is the other chicken, but with a little fish taste to me. But it has to be prepared right. :)
Skarek

Post by Skarek »

Why do people keep posting small thumbnail-pictures from photobucket and not the full images or atleasty links to the full images? Maybe it is just me who have too old eyes to see anything in the small pictures (25 years old) :twisted: ...

Now the thumbs are clickable....