Warm feet

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Warm feet

Post by VixChix »

At Shoppers Drug Mart today I spotted shoe insoles that claimed to keep feet warm. My feet get cold in no time in the winter so I took a chance and bought a pair for my hunting boots. Our older house is drafty and I couldn't resist trying them out in the sandals that I wear around the house. I didn't expect much, but I was surprised. After a few minutes my feet were definitely feeling toasty warm even in the sandals. I'll be buying another pair for my regular boots.

I thought I'd share my experience in case there are more cold feet out there. The insoles are by PolarWrap - and they're called "Toasty Feet". I think I paid just over $11 for them (but I'm worth it!) :lol: BTW, these are regular insoles, not disposable warmers.

Just found a website for them - I paid less than they want on the site.
http://www.toastyfeet.com/
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Might be OK for around the house, but your feet are supposed to get cold when you hunt. Nothing like numb fingers and icy feet to make a hunt memorable!
On second thought......... I'm getting older and already have a lot of memories........... maybe I will try them! :lol:
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

wabi wrote:Might be OK for around the house, but your feet are supposed to get cold when you hunt. Nothing like numb fingers and icy feet to make a hunt memorable!
On second thought......... I'm getting older and already have a lot of memories........... maybe I will try them! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have no doubt that my feet will still get cold, especially on days like today... I'm just hoping they'll be a little less cold! :lol:

The longer I sit here with them under my feet the more I like them. Am going to get my mother a pair - she'll love 'em.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
bbbwb

Warm Feet

Post by bbbwb »

Thanks VixChix for your info. I have been using the one time warmers that heat upon exposure to air during this week of deer hunting. It is my first try with these heaters and I am very impressed. I never had warm feet before. I will look for the toasty feet insoles and give them a try.
I haver tried the hand warmers as well and they heat but my hands aren't as warm as the feet.
Both were a benefit deer hunting tonight with that wind.
bbbwb
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I love those big stick on warming patches for the back too - they last 12 hrs or more and make it much easier to stay out longer. Seems like the older I get the more I feel the cold.
Stosh

Post by Stosh »

Just ordered from walmart, 2 pair delivered $21.90

Thank You, Stan
gerald

Post by gerald »

If you want warm feet try the Arctic Shields. They are Booties that you put on over your hunting boots when you get to your stand. I have had a problem with cold feet for years but not this year. These things work even in this weather.
bushmaster

Post by bushmaster »

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm gonna give them a try.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Thanks VixChix i will get myself some of them for Christmas .
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Are they available in 12 EEEEE? :wink:

Maybe I'll just have to wrap my feet in foil!
Grizz
TPM

Post by TPM »

Are they available in 12 EEEEE?
I think we just found Bigfoot! :shock: He's alive and roaming the wilderness of Gum Neck, NC!!! :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

They help to keep me from sinking in the swamp ... and blowing over in our high coastal winds! :wink:

Incidentally, for anyone else who suffers from the "Bigfoot" syndrome (I also wear 6E in some shoes), I can recommend the services of the following vendor of extra-wide footwear:

http://www.wideshoes.com/

Hitchcock's Wide Shoes for Men is a very good company for guys who can''t buy their shoes in regular stores. Good quality stuff, and exemplary service. I've been buying from them for five years with complete satisfaction.

Of course, there are fewer styles available for us Sasquatches ... but they keep a pretty good representation on hand.

I've sure been glad they're there for me! :D
Grizz
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Puts a whole new meaning to a good understanding. :) People make fun of me for my size 13`s saying the reason why I can swim is because I already have flippers. :)
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I saw them last night in walmart but all the mens had sold out :roll:
saxman

Post by saxman »

How about size 16?
I have a good under-standing.
My problem is that my feet sweat and then get cold,I wear tall rubber boots because my pants are to short.I need a 37 inseam,hard to find as well as breathable boots in 16.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011