Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I saw them last night in walmart but all the mens had sold out :roll:
saxman

Post by saxman »

How about size 16?
I have a good under-standing.
My problem is that my feet sweat and then get cold,I wear tall rubber boots because my pants are to short.I need a 37 inseam,hard to find as well as breathable boots in 16.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Saxman - that is my biggest problem too! my feet sweat even when they're ice cold. I used to teach skiing and used boot driers to get my liners dry enough overnight. I now have a set of boot driers at home and they go into my hunting boots at night. I sometimes change into another pair of boots 1/2 way through the day. My hands are the same. It's impossible to keep warm when damp. It's tough to find something waterproof and breathable enough to be functional. I envy my husband who can wear the same pair of lined rubber boots all season long!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
DoDFire

Post by DoDFire »

I froze my got dang toes off tonight :evil:

I'd trade the wife for a set of those things :P
Huntsman, rest! thy chase is done
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

The boys working the Ice Road on Great Slave use boots with 2,000 g of insulation. Has anyone seem them on the market. I would like to know where I can get them. Maybe time to google
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
saxman

Post by saxman »

VixChix wrote:Saxman - that is my biggest problem too! my feet sweat even when they're ice cold. I used to teach skiing and used boot driers to get my liners dry enough overnight. I now have a set of boot driers at home and they go into my hunting boots at night. I sometimes change into another pair of boots 1/2 way through the day. My hands are the same. It's impossible to keep warm when damp. It's tough to find something waterproof and breathable enough to be functional. I envy my husband who can wear the same pair of lined rubber boots all season long!
I hear ya,great idea changing boots
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
saxman

Post by saxman »

kendo kid wrote:The boys working the Ice Road on Great Slave use boots with 2,000 g of insulation. Has anyone seem them on the market. I would like to know where I can get them. Maybe time to google
I have seen them at cabelas,I think
Scott

Take a kid hunting

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
the elf

Post by the elf »

Finally I think I found the answer---for me anyway---HODGMAN boots 1200 grams of insulation----Thinsulate Ultra----knee high boots with a thick undersole to help keep cold from coming up from bottom.They have a snug fit around the ankle-----good for walking-----my Canadian supplier gets them from somewhere in the Western U.S. Top is expandible---so most pants can be tucked inside for moisture and scent control. I have been trying mine out while doing the snow removal [just under 2 hours] with snowblower--- and my feet were hardly sweating---------very happy-----Elf.
the elf

Post by the elf »

continued-------my feet sweat so badly that I could probably change my socks 4 or 5 times a day in the Summer-----so this appears to be a real treat for me so far. Elf.
Black Coyote

Post by Black Coyote »

Well let me share my experience with dealing with the cold... provided it is our secret.
I have lived in Ontario for the past 20yrs before that I lived in Newfoundland where I was a recreational scuba diver. Diving in the winter months in a wet suit is quite challenging but what I found that kept me warm including my feet was a pair of my mothers panty hose inside the wet suit.... I did get a few strange looks from people but I was warm.
and yes I am happily married with grand children.
frisky

Post by frisky »

Kendo Kid
The 2000 gram are available from Cabellas under the name,Infernal 2000g pac boot. I am considering some myself...
2007 Phoenix
Custom Wood Stock
Gold Tip II 311 Grain
Meat Seeker, 3 blade, Mechanical 100 Grain
Boo Astroflight String
Varizone Sighting
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Black Coyote wrote: ... what I found that kept me warm including my feet was a pair of my mothers panty hose ...
Yeah ... next time I'm in the Big and Tall shop, I'll ask 'em if they have any Grizzly sized pantyhose. :wink: That's sure to get a reaction! :shock:

One thing's sure ... my mama's hose ain't goin' on this old boy.

Mama may be big, but she ain't that big! :D
Grizz
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

kendo kid wrote:The boys working the Ice Road on Great Slave use boots with 2,000 g of insulation. Has anyone seem them on the market. I would like to know where I can get them. Maybe time to google
http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/?kwtid=232248
BEST PLACE I KNOW OF
JAY
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.