Another reason to hunt XB

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dnepr

Post by dnepr »

I think this lead thing is being blown way out of porportion. I have been eating game birds that I have harvest with a shotgun, ocasionally with a lead shot still in the meat for 20+ years.I also cast bullets and am exposed to some lead fumes ( try to minimize it as much as possible but I don't worry about it) I belong to a forum about casting bullets and many of the older gents there have been casting for decades and have lower lead levels in there blood than the average population. A little common sense would go a long way but common sense isn't as common as we would like to believe.
wabi

Re: Actually NOT

Post by wabi »

Cossack wrote:QUOTE: "my doctor is always concerned with my cholesterol levels and venison is the best meat around to combat that"

Have red a comprehensive study which indicates that venison is no better for reducing cholesterol than beef. (Some) may appear lean but actually contains fat spread throughout the meat. Deer accumulate fat to survive lean times. A diet high in venison will have the same effect as any cholesterol rich diet.
I don't believe that study!

From a quick google search:
Like most red meat, venison (deer meat) is a source of protein, zinc, iron and selenium. Venison is lower in fat and calories than beef; in fact, venison has about one-third the fat.
Surprisingly, a 3½ ounce serving of ground beef has 40 percent more calories, 223 percent more fat and 125 percent more cholesterol than the same amount of venison.

Venison is a very good source of protein, while, unlike most meats, it tends to be fairly low in fat, especially saturated fat. Four ounces of venison supplies 68.5% of the daily value for protein for only 179 calories and 1.4 grams of saturated fat.
Healthier: Venison is not only low in fat and cholesterol but is high in many vital nutrients like B vitamins, iron, and phosphorus. Like any non-farm produced animal, Venison is resistant to disease and does not live on a diet of antibiotics and steroids.
Not disputing that you reat that statement, but I will dispute the accuracy of it!!!!!!!
Just too many sources that say the exact opposite!!!!!!!
wabi
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

(...headed to the freezer to thaw some venison...) :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Toast

Re: Another reason to hunt XB

Post by Toast »

Total BS
Cossack wrote:All of the remaining venison contributed for food pantry distribution in three states is being dumped due to possible lead contamination. Studies show that well over 60 % of the study sample had lead fragments (most so small that they can only be seen on X ray). Over half million lbs were contributed by hunters in Minn. N.D. and Wisc. last season. No mention made of how much had already been consumed.
Doug
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Yip, were eating deer roast tonight.

Grey Owl
Big John

crap

Post by Big John »

Just finished three helpings of no fat, no cholesterol, Venison! :)
I'm supposed to slow down a bit on the eating, but come-on, it's Deer!!

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
MNDeerHunter

Post by MNDeerHunter »

The funny thing is this was all done to put some meat on the table for peole who could really use it. And now it will all go to waist because of someone coming up with amounts of lead in some of it. I can't believe it was all bad. :cry:
Life goes by quick - so don't think about going hunting - get out there and DO IT!
Vortex
Lumizone
Customized Firebolts
Boo String
STS
Darren

Post by Darren »

A little extra lead in one`s pencil never hurt anyone :D :D it just help`s to keep that smile on the wife`s face :lol: :lol: :lol: