I haven't fired my bow with the STS mounted, yet, but...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hi5

I haven't fired my bow with the STS mounted, yet, but...

Post by Hi5 »

I don't like getting a device that's supposed to be ready to install, and then having to finish off the manufacturing process. Like another poster on an earlier thread mentioned, the shafts that hold the rubber bumpers are too long. With a proper brace height there was simply no way of mounting the STS on my 'Max. To get a proper mounting I had to drill out the socket and even then I still also had to trim off 3/16" off the end of each shaft.

It's not a big deal, but if I hadn't had access to the necessary tools, I would likely have paid shipping to return the product.

That's either poor quality control, or else flawed design.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Big John

sts

Post by Big John »

I mounted a set to my Max as well. They were a little long as you say.
I cut them to the correct length in no time at all. However they "should" come at the correct length, and have more depth adjustability. But they are definitely worth every penny. IMO anyway.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I just tried mounting mine and found that they were too long and that I'd have to push my brace height back to even get them installed. To make matters worse, one of my posts was too wide to fit in the hole on the bracket!

The STSArchery.com has been down for a while and nobody has answered my email yet, either. :cry:
Boo

Post by Boo »

They do not respond to emails. You have to call them and they are very helpful in my experience.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
dutchhunter

phone number

Post by dutchhunter »

can anybody give me a number for sts archery
8up

Post by 8up »

try 731-286-6889
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
dutchhunter

sts

Post by dutchhunter »

i am kind of learry of ordering them can i get them instaled localy in ontario i thought sombody said bow shop in waterloo or kitchener any advise