Homemade Arrow Squaring Device

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shafferm

Homemade Arrow Squaring Device

Post by shafferm »

While building up some new aluminum arrows for my Exomag I came up with the following idea for a relatively inexpensive arrow squaring tool. I had some spare acrylic that I chucked up into the mill and first squared off all 6 faces. The block that I ended up with is 3 inches by 3 inches by 1.25 inches thick. The next step was to drill an appropriate sized hole that my 2216 shafts would just slip through. The S size drill bit seemed to do this quite nicely. Now to actually use the polishing puck you take a sheet of glass and put a 1200 grit piece of emery paper on top of the glass and add some water on top the emery. Now take the shaft and put it in the puck and using a figure 8 motion start polishing your cut arrow shafts. You do not need to put much down pressure on the shaft as you polish, but you should keep adding water to it as it starts to dry. In the scrap block that I had there was already a half inch hole that actually came in useful for adding water as you polish. It does take a while to get a dozen arrow shafts finished but they do end up with a very square mirror like finish when you are done.

-/\/\
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I love homemade stuff! Excellent job.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like an inexpensive way to get a precision arrow!
wabi
saxman

Post by saxman »

Cool :D
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO