STRYCHNINE 125 GRAIN MECHANICALS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maximus

STRYCHNINE 125 GRAIN MECHANICALS

Post by maximus »

HI all,
I have been using STRYCHNINE mechanicals ( 2 inch diameter,125 grain).
Went to bass pro,and they no longer carry them. Does anyone know where I can get them now?
I LOVE these broadheads. They drop everything I hit ,so I dont have to wonder too far.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

They are available online at a several different dealers.

They are made by Trophy Ridge, they have a dealer locator . . .

www.trophyridge.com

How many have you shot with the Stricknines?

Scott
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

do they use rubber bands or are they like the spitfires and x acts with a lock clip
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

They use rubberbands. I like rubberbands better. If I think they look a little worn, I replace them, no big deal. The O-rings can become stiff and it's hard to tell. I never could get anyone at Innerloc to tell me how long those spring clips will last . . .one shot, ten, twenty?? Of course, you can add a rubberband to any of these mechanicals.

Another perk to a mechanical . . .it travels faster than a fixed blade.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
mikej

Post by mikej »

thanks scott. would you recomend these over a spitfire or an exact
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have only tried the Spitfires. The regular Spitfires I tested opened prematurely when shot from my Exomax and I needed to add a rubberband. The Spitfire Magnums worked perfectly the few times I've shot them. They were both extremely accurate.

I have not tried the Stricknines. However, they are very much like the Hammerheads in design. The Stricknines are just heavier. I have had great success with the Hammerheads.

What I want to achieve is a complete pass through without wasting energy. So, if I shoot through a deer and the arrow flies another 50 yards, then I had excess energy in that shot. The energy is usually used up in the cutting or the width of the blades. I got two almost pass throughs using the Hammerheads. So, I'm looking at either adding weight to the arrow or reducing the blade width to 1.75" instead of the 2" . . .or both. I'll keep field testing until I get it as close to perfect as possible. Depending on the angle of the hit and the size of the deer, it could take more energy to get through. So, there's no perfect solution. Well, the perfect solution is the one that drops my deer within sight every time. I hope to end up using the Stricknines with my Exomax and the Steelhead Extremes(1.75" cut) with my Vixen. The only issue with the Steelhead Extremes, Trophy Ridge discontinued them . . .so I'll have to look at some other 1.75" cut, three blade broadhead.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen