deer signs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

roadrunner

deer signs

Post by roadrunner »

:? found an active scrape, fresh marks ,branch overhead about 4-5 ft off the ground i'm thinking oh boy. started looking around can't find any where to set up, i'm ground pounding. bugger is right on an old tractor path
not even a decent bush to hide behind :cry:
dutchhunter

hide

Post by dutchhunter »

can you catch him 100 yards efore he gets there or after he passes that spot DUTCH
roadrunner

deer sign

Post by roadrunner »

the trail is in a valley he's coming down one side .havn't found if he's going
down by the river but he's staying off the trail completely. maybe the snow tonight will help :roll:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

most important tip would be to make sure you know where he's going and coming and hunting that wind right.. if you spend to much time moving around in that area he wont come back. Just make sure you have everything right. Bucks can smell if you have been close to there scrapes also. Ive seen many abandoned because they got human scent there

goodluck on him
dutchhunter

sighn

Post by dutchhunter »

dont forget with a bow you can shot 30 or so yards and woth a shot gun up to 100 yards so you do not need to be on top of the sign this is the most commin mistake i see back off a bit and leave the deer room to do his thing it will greatly increase your chancce of even seeing them DUTCH