unloading

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mikej

Post by mikej »

iuse it. the only disadvantage is it is wearing the camo finish off of my phoenix
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

I've never even attempted to uncock my Exomax by hand. I couldn't imagine a painless result. I also have never managed to cock my Exomax by hand either. Even the added adrenaline of being up a tree with an uncocked crossbow with deer below me, I still couldn't muster the energy to fully cock my Exomax. I really wanted it to happen, but no dice. That last inch of draw weight is the real deal.

Its really easy to uncock with the rope. I'm right handed, but for some reason it just seemed natural to me to uncock it left handed. Meaning I pull up with my left hand and pull the trigger with my right. I guess I'm just more comfortable pulling the trigger with my trigger finger.

DuckHunt
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Another one of these threads I should have avoided..

Just got home from a short, cold morning hunt before work, got to my carport and began my de-cocking process, the same way I have twice a day for as long as I have owned my bow. Snap! Apparently in the bitter cold I managed to displace one of the hooks, the string snapped down causing a dry fire and the rope cocker for the second time whipped around and smacked my hand.
To make matters worse when all this was happening my reflex was to get away from the bow, I let go for a brief moment, long enough to watch my bow topple over on to the scope.
It is going to be a long day.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Dumbazz

Post by Dumbazz »

Pydpiper wrote:Another one of these threads I should have avoided..

Just got home from a short, cold morning hunt before work, got to my carport and began my de-cocking process, the same way I have twice a day for as long as I have owned my bow. Snap! Apparently in the bitter cold I managed to displace one of the hooks, the string snapped down causing a dry fire and the rope cocker for the second time whipped around and smacked my hand.
To make matters worse when all this was happening my reflex was to get away from the bow, I let go for a brief moment, long enough to watch my bow topple over on to the scope.
It is going to be a long day.
I told you it was too cold to go hunting today!!!!!
:D
Hope all is ok.
B.
I come by my name honestly.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Indeed you did, and it was way too cold... I am going to the indoor range to check this scope out. I go through great lengths to keep everything tight, hopefully it pays off.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
WMU 91
Boo string
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

OWWWW!!!!!! Image

Am hoping all is OK - the scope and you!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Off to Excalibur again..... :lol:
That rope cocker doesn't like you any more.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Everything is just fine..
It was so cold this morning I could not get my truck out of park, the linkage was frozen solid. I Had to make a decision to stay home or force it and risk a trip to the transmission shop. It gave in at the last minute.
The bow, I picked the gravel out of my scope cover and let an arrow fly at 20 yards, I think the poor shot was due to the scope being jarred or a flinch that usually follows a mistake.
Second shot was perfect, so were the 25 that followed it, all is well, nothing hurt. I am pleasantly surprised.
WMU 91
Boo string
Belt&Suspenders

unloading the crossbow

Post by Belt&Suspenders »

I always keep a field pointed arrow in my quiver with my broadheads and when I'm finished hunting, I just shoot it into the ground near my stand. It's also target practice. I aim for a different colored leaf or something like that, and yes I've shot them into the soft ground so deep I've never found them. I've never tried to unload my bow with the rope cocker but I may try that in the future. Thanks for bringing this point up on the forum. Harry
dutchhunter

leild points

Post by dutchhunter »

some places you cannot carry field points well hunting deer the laws states that the arrows must have two straght cuting edges .thy can get sticky with thiskind of stuff
warningshot

Re: leild points

Post by warningshot »

what about a blunt or small game head

[quote="dutchhunter"]some places you cannot carry field points well hunting deer the laws states that the arrows must have two straght cuting edges .thy can get sticky with thiskind of stuff[/quote]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Dutch, you can always have a field point with you, blunts too. The law states that you need to have at least 2 straight to hunt deer, but that certainly doesn't mean you can't have others with you. There are animals that are always in season, and it is your right to carry the appropriate tip to hunt them.
You obviously do not want to hunt deer with a field point but that does not stop you from having them.
Our regulations are not terribly harsh where we live, you would have to doing something pretty awful to get a CO to give you a hard time.
If you ever have to question the regulations it is a simple phone call, 519-773-9241, they will politely assist you.
WMU 91
Boo string