Quiver question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Belt&Suspenders

Quiver question

Post by Belt&Suspenders »

Guys, I have the Excalibur quiver and bracket that mounts on my Exomax bow. While it does a good job and is quiet, I find that bracket aggravating even with the quiver off. I normally take my quiver off when I get up my stand but want to get away from that quiver/bracket set up. I also do some stalk hunting and again I find the quiver uncomfortable to take through the woods and I want to make a change.

I went out and bought a CatQuiver from BassProShop with the intent of just carrying them on my back. It's great for traditional length arrows but it's too long for crossbow bolts (unless I cut off the two support rods!) Any suggestions? Thanks guys. Harry
Nocturnal

Post by Nocturnal »

hey B&S,go to the trading post and check out the groundpounder mount,it might be what your looking for!
wabi

Post by wabi »

A hip quiver like this one has served me well for years now.

http://www.3riversarchery.com/Quivers+H ... oduct.html
wabi
mikej

Post by mikej »

have a look at danny millers's mount. it is also a great alternative to the factory mount
mikej

Post by mikej »

greenjoytj

Post by greenjoytj »

I perfer to keep the crossbow uncluttered so I use a hip quiver.

The one I use is made of leather and mounts a "Kwikee Kwiver Co." quick release bracket with their 6 arrow quiver attached to it.

http://www.kwikeekwiver.com/products.html
08 Equinox, #1989 string, FireBolts with NAP QuikSpin ST Speed hunter vanes, 150gr. Boltcutter BH's, Lumi-Zone scope.
Kelley

Post by Kelley »

I love my Groundpounder mount. It was the first accessory I put on my Xcal. Can be found on Traiding Post.
Kelley
Exocet 200
Varizone
Boo String
Groundpounder Mount
Crazy Farmer's CowWhackers
STS
Spitfire
subneural

Post by subneural »

Kelley wrote:I love my Groundpounder mount. It was the first accessory I put on my Xcal. Can be found on Traiding Post.
Kelley
x2
Boo-strung, GroundPounded and Varizoned Phoenix, sold.
PSE Brute X pushing Easton Flatlines topped with Rage 3-blades.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I made my hip quiver from excal quiver, piece of leather two nuts ,bolts works for me

WES
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I use the Dan Miller style also.. keeps the bolts up top on the bow so you dont have to worry about snagging trees. I personall dont like hip quivers since I like moving freely and dont like things around my legs or waist. When im in the tree, I just take the quiver off so its nothing on the bow but what I need
Normous

Post by Normous »

Very nice idea Wes :wink:
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I too did not like the stock quiver bracket. It got in the way of using a sling to carry the bow on my shoulder to and from the stands. So I came up with my own bracket. It works great.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... highlight=
Belt&Suspenders

your suggestions

Thanks guys for the great suggestions. I like the idea of the groundpounder bracket best I think. I found the link with pictures posted and it seems to be pretty popular with the guys on the forum also. Harry
Boo

Re: your suggestions

Post by Boo »

[quote="Belt&Suspenders"]Thanks guys for the great suggestions. I like the idea of the groundpounder bracket best I think. I found the link with pictures posted and it seems to be pretty popular with the guys on the forum also. Harry[/quote
It certainly is the slickest one around but I still like Miller's for being the most practical.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Belt&Suspenders

Boo I haven't seen a picture of Dan Miller's. I tried to look up Horizontal Archery which I understood was his company but can't find a picture of it there either. You have a picture of Dan's bracket?