STS Excalibur Double Crossbow System

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VA Bigbore

STS Excalibur Double Crossbow System

Post by VA Bigbore »

I have seen this on several archery shops lately. My bow does not have this system. How does this enhance the bow? Is it worth the price? Whill this work on my Phoenix bow and can I install it myself? Thanks.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Welcome to the site!
I installed an STS on my Phoenix this past summer,and comparing it with my son's Phoenix that does not have one,I would say that the sound level drops by lhalf.
Can't quote decibel levels to be precise,but you will find it has a lot less "whack" and a smoother return.
The STS is quite easy to install,and if you eventually do get yourself a Boo string as I did,you will want to set it up so the string crosses the front mark.as Boo will recommend that you do.
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
VA Bigbore

Post by VA Bigbore »

Thanks for the info!! I did PM Boo just a little bit ago. Hope to hear from him soon. If there is that much difference with the STS I will definately plan on getting this and adding it to my bow. Slap is not excessive, but I do notice a bit more "crack" than my friends Parker Compound. This is one of the reasons I went with Excalibur in the first place, because I thought it would be quieter than the compounds. My first reason was because I can change my own string. I miss that with my compound bow, but heck, I ain't shot it since I got my crossbow.
liaf

Post by liaf »

They cost about 50.00 and definetly worth the money. I bought one for my phoenix last year along w/ a Boo string. All i can say is i use to practice wearing earmuffs since the noise of a stock bow was annoying. I now find it pleasant enough to shoot w/o the muffs. I bought a vortex and just took everything off my phoenix and put it on the vortex so I could sell the phoenix. i decided to keep the phoenix since I can shoot the phoenix all day w/o much difficullty but can see that the vortex takes it toll on me after about an 1-1.5 hours. I never realized that extra 25lbs would make a difference in shooting but it does in my case . Already got another STS for the phoenix and am in the process of ordering 2 more Boo strings.
Vortex, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point --Phoenix, Boo String, Zeiss Z-Point.
VA Bigbore

Post by VA Bigbore »

Thanks for the comments. Boo also suggested I try the STS for sure.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

you will love the combo of sts and boo. To make even less noise, get the string with whiskers. It will cost you some speed, but worth it. What a difference!!!!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

one shot scott wrote:you will love the combo of sts and boo. To make even less noise, get the string with whiskers. It will cost you some speed, but worth it. What a difference!!!!
For sure!! However I am using STS plus Boo string with out wiskers and sure like it.. ExoMag 200LB

Have a STS and ComfyBear on my other ExoMag 200LB and love it also!!

GaryL .... :lol:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

I have a boo string with cat whiskers (great string) then filled my rail with foam.
Then I put on the STS, worth it if you want to cut down noise.
Next I cut down the cat whiskers to nothing and did not find a difference in noise. I don't think cat whiskers mater with a STS.
Exocet 175#
Easton, 2216
2"vanes
G5 Montech 125g.
Boo String.